1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi Ensurance.

Discussion in 'RS3 Forum' started by DAYTONA500, Jan 12, 2014.

1. DAYTONA500

DAYTONA500 Well-Known Member

45bvtc and Veneeringman like this.
  2. Moschops

Moschops Member

Lol...They wanted nearly £3k for me to insure the RS4.....:jump:
  3. Somniac

Somniac Member

Hmmm, looks good, but the eternal cynic in me finds itself thinking "nothing is free". It's potentially going to put up the cost to the insurer of any claim due to using the "reasuringly expensive" audi main dealer to do the repair rather than their normal "approved" repairer. I'm wondering whether ,if too many Audi owners sign up for this, the insurers will start pushing up the cost of Audi insurance to cover the extra cost to them.
  4. DAYTONA500

DAYTONA500 Well-Known Member

You are driving an expensive high performance car, i would be more worried that in the event of an accident my car was being repaired properly using original new parts and to a high standard than the insurance companies "approved" repairer who could well use second hand or pattern parts to keep the costs down.
    Moschops and Veneeringman like this.
  5. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member

Me (RS3) and RS3copilot (TT) are now listed, why not?

Nowhere does it say 'you have to' but just maybe, but hopefully not, you might 'need/want to', so why not!

And it costs nowt to register...
    DAYTONA500 likes this.
  6. Veneeringman

Veneeringman Bazinga

:iagree::thumbsup:
    45bvtc likes this.
  7. dbm

dbm Active Member

A note of caution. I had an accident about 4 years ago when I had my TTS - someone ran in the back of me. They didn't do a runner and they were happy to pay for the repairs. I phoned my Dealership to arrange an inspection, and they offered to put my on to their 'accident management service'. This wasn't to my knowledge 'Ensurance' but it looks similar.

The accident management company arranged for repairs and a replacement TT (2.0T Coupe) whilst mine was in for repairs.

As it happens, I mentioned this to a friend who was also an Audi driver and he told me that he had had a bad experience with the accident management company in similar circumstances. Basically, they make money on the car hire and so it is in their interest for the process to take a long time. In my friend's case it took 10 days and the other party ended up contesting this, and he had some tense time when they were going to come after him personally for the costs on the hire.

Because of this, I was hot on the accident management company and they outright lied to me about the progress on my car (saying the body shop was shut on a day when I had personally called them directly). I rode them and the job was done with just 3 days hire needed. The repair was a new bumper with reversing sensors.

The accident management company butt f**ked the poor guy who ran in the back of me. When they took him to court and I saw the claim it was for £4500. For three days hire and a new bumper!

So, I now approach accident management companies with extreme caution - it's the new 'whip lash' as far as I can see. And we all end up paying in the end...
  8. rabhrab

rabhrab Member

I've just become aware of this Audi Ensurance scheme and wondered if there were any further comments regarding pros and cons, or indeed personal experiences, since this last post in Jan '14?
  9. AK47UK

AK47UK Active Member

My insurance company charges me an additional excess if I choose my own garage, I imagine Esurance would count as this so would cost me and my insurance company more.