1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi e-tron II - R4?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by h5djr, Jan 31, 2010.

1. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member
    Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi A3 quattro

In the latest copy of the Audi Driver magazine which arrived yesterday there are details of the new e-tron 2 which it seems will be the basis for the new R4. This particular version is a smaller two-seater version of the e-tron based on the R8 and has two electric motors powering the rear wheels. Their combined output gives 204 PS with a maximum torque of 2,650 Nm. This allows the e-tron to accelerate from 0-62 mph in 5.9 secs. It has the top speed limited to 124 mph. If it was allowed to run faster than this there would have a disproportionate consumption of the available energy.

The total power of 45 kW/hours permits a range of 155 miles and charging will take 11 hours from a normal domestic supply at 16 amps and 2 hours from a heavy duty 400 volts supply at 32 amps.

It is also intended to offer a mid-positioned combustion engine, possibly the five-cylinder unit from the TT RS.

Quite why anyone would want to buy a sports car with a range of only 155 miles is beyond me. My yearly trip of around 1000 miles each way to Austria would involve around 7 recharges at 14 hours total if there was a 400 volt supply available and 77 hours if using a normal domestic supply each way.

At the moment with my 2.0 TDI I can do it with just one fill-up which takes at a maximum 10 minutes.

I think electric car design has a long way to go yet for other than small city cars.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator quattro Audi S3

Something like this?
    [​IMG]

4. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member
    Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi A3 quattro

and another picture..

[​IMG]