1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi Driver's International - 10th October 2009 - ***Official Thread***

Discussion in 'Major UK Events' started by jojo, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Well done Joe for the terirfic organisiation buddy
  2. S3 Nattie

S3 Nattie Quattro ist für sissies

Ye it happened on stand. When over the car in the morning and was really happy with how it looked (according to my standards lol). When I was getting ready to head home, I was talking to my girlfriend while she was sat in the car and i seen some white dust / poweder on the car by my door and the scratch was staring in the face lol. Put a downer on a great day for me.
  3. jm-baker

jm-baker Member

Thanks again to Jojo for organising us all! Another great day, look forward to it every year, and it seems to get better each year! Definitely worth the 300 mile round trip, tho we did stop off in a hotel Friday night to make it a bit less of an early start.

Just wish there were more events like this through out the year !!

Some pics & a quick video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjIaoucN7Vs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  4. TOON FLYER

TOON FLYER New Member

We had a great day (5th year we have been) topped off by winning laps with Allan McNish! 140mph and a short cut across the grass!
    The stand looked great, I couldnt decide if I should have put my car on. Maybe next year if my 4yr old will let me!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. The Doctor

The Doctor Active Member

Yep, great day out & great to meet a few of you from the forum. After a 5am start from Nottingham I wasn't at my best I'm afraid & by the time I got home I was practically asleep! Good job the fuel level warning beeped at me to keep me awake for the last few miles...

Can't remember everyone's names, but it was good to meet you all nonetheless; in particular:

Jojo -thanks for the organisation & meet-up on the M5
    Neil - good to meet another show first-timer like me
    Mr "Never use a sponge!" - thanks for lending me the wash mit & teaching me how to wash a car!!
    Mr & Mrs Imola Yellow S3 & brother (!)
    Mr Nurburgring A4 - I will be asking you for some advice come next summer...
    Mr Low Mileage Noggy '03 S3

& anyone else who said "hi" that I've forgotten.

Roll on the next one, but hopefully closer to the midlands!

:icon_thumright:
  6. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Moderator Moderator

Realy sorry to hear about the damage mate,
    From the stand pictures you can see what car is next to yours... earlier in the day the lad was showing somebody his short shifter with the door wide open... Maybe it happened then?
    If you get a good colour match touch up ... you could try and get the scratch "filled" with paint so it sits proud of the rest of the paint work , then get one of the guys with a machine polisher to use some super fine wet and dry rapped around a sanding block to lightly rub down the proud area untill its flush with the rest of the paint... then buff the area back to an even shine. I did it a while back on mine to hide a shopping trolly dent... it was 99% succesful.
    Dont do it if your unsure how to though... it can make things worse.
  7. garethmk1

garethmk1 New Member

This is Mrs Imola Yellow S3... Lovely to meet you to!!:meeting: Just had a giggle at your names there ... I kept calling you the Doctor as we didnt catch your name either!! Really enjoyed the day...:arco:
  8. S3 Nattie

S3 Nattie Quattro ist für sissies

Ye there is a paint shop 2 min away from me. Going to head down there in the week and give it a go, hopefully I can get it looking respectable lol.

Not to sure about wet and dry as ive never done it before but will sort something out.
  9. Rhod_S3

Rhod_S3 New Member

Hey Doc,

It's the brother of Mr & Mrs Imola Yellow. Great to meet you. May see you at some of next years shows (hopefully by then I'll have a set of decent Rims!:uhm:)
  10. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hey Doc,

Nice to meet you too. Give me shout when you want to discuss the Nurburgring.

Cheers
    Rich.
  11. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Well folks, I guess it's about time I announced this (I've been a busy badger tinkering with server things until now!)...

As you may know, following the day's action at Audi Driver International on Saturday, the evening saw the annual Audi Driver awards ceremony. ASN was in attendance and this year we'd been voted the best general Audi club, receiving the silver info award for information provided to our members.

[​IMG]

I'm grateful to all our members for making ours such a busy, helpful and successful community; and special extra thanks must go (of course) to those members who voted for us, and all the team who help me manage the club (troublesome as that can be from time to time!).

Putting the PITA server problems aside for a moment, I think it's fair to say we've had a pretty good summer - our presence at events has been without a doubt the strongest its ever been, and despite those frustrating server crashes, I think the site has taken steps forward - particularly in terms of the community becoming more close-knit, and taking on more of a club feel. I think the award from Audi Driver, and our best club award from Audis in the Park earlier in the year are testament to that.

I'm confident that this is only the beginning too, as we're already working on plans to take ASN to the next level. So again, thanks to you all for playing your part it our community, and here's to the future!

Regards,

Rob.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  12. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Oh, I might have a few more snaps of some of you on the parade lap, but here's one to start with...

[​IMG]
  13. S4twiggy

S4twiggy Fully Certified Detailer!!

hi doc, ill always try and get people not to wash with a sponge lol get yourself some proper gear for washing the car and if you need any tips give me a shout mate

sorry didnt get to chat much as i wanted to sort the car out with the waxing but ill say hello proper next time
  14. DriveByShooters

DriveByShooters Editor Audi-Sport.Net Magazine

Coooool...cheers Rob....It certainly proves one thing too.

I CAN see over the steering wheel!
  15. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

That child seat from Ed38 came in handy then. ;)
  16. DriveByShooters

Hell yeah....now you can see why I needed to buy it there and then!

:icon_thumright:
  17. nadine_s3

nadine_s3 Member

Here's a couple of photos I took on Saturday... just a few snaps... only had a kit lens on me... early start and getting camera gear together really wasnt working Saturday at 6am after 3 hours sleep!:lazy: will keep adding as I go through them .... photos are low res and resized to put on here that's why they don't look as nice :sorry:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]:blackrs4:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  18. DriveByShooters

Nice Shots. :applaus:
  19. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

Anymore pics of the white S3 with black roof ??? Looks nice! Anyone know whose it is?
  20. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Those pic' are nice great shot's keep them coming
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  21. DriveByShooters

Should be uploading ours to flickr very soon but they are 99.9% track action shots.
  22. sprint_48

sprint_48 Member

Was at at a loose end so thought I'd have a look round this show Saturday.

Some nice motors there, oh and didn't realise there was such a big following for the A2! (wasn't it recalled at one point for being dangerous?)
    Loved the sound of an S5 given a tickle on the loud pedal.

Car of the show for me was the old 80's Quattro rally car with the 2.7 bi-turbo lump in it - awesome.

Good to see some cars from this forum on the club display, I had a bit of a nosey round looking for inspiration for my newly aquired b5 A4. Hopefully it'll be worthy of a place on there next year!:eyebrows:
  23. s3 Hoggy

s3 Hoggy Whats going on???

Nice pics Nadine, I'm Guessing your garethmk1's girlfriend? if so nice to meet you and yours on sat, Big thanks to jojo was a great day!

I forgot to bring a camera sat wish i had a decent photo of my car on the clubstand!
  24. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Yep looking forward to next year. Spint 48 come along to the next event all you have to do is put your name down when an event is listed and turn up.... ..simples
  25. nadine_s3

nadine_s3 Member

s3 Hoggy ... Thanks for comment on Photos! I didnt take very many photos at all really... Next time I'll be a bit more prepared & get a little more sleep in so I have more energy for photo taking!! and yes Garethmk1 is the lovely boyfriend but He's got some **** box edition 30 so doesnt deserve to be on her :slap:LOL!!
  26. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator

Great shots Nadine! What sort of lens is that?
  27. nadine_s3

nadine_s3 Member

Late reply but I've been in hospital :puke2: I'm lazy so couldnt be bothered to cart camera equipment with me so only had standard kit lens (canon 400d) EF-S 18-55mm... gonna chuck a few edits I did whilst in hospital to.. got so many just adding them as I edit some!!!
  28. Staz

I hope you're ok!

Have you 'shopped them then to enrich the colour slightly then?
  29. nadine_s3

nadine_s3 Member

Bit better! Dont like lumbar puncture though OUCH !!!:doctor:

Yeh they are shopped... mainly just created 3 photos from one... 1 under exposed, 1 standard exposure & 1 over exposed then merged and tone mapped together for a "hdr" effect.. really simple but effective have full softwares if you ever need any??? Got CS4 full version, photomatix pro (for hdr), CS3 .... :icon_thumright:
  30. Staz

Aha I wondered if they had been HDRed! Just getting into it myself. Need a better camera first though.