Sep 3, 2008
Sounds good to me.. Not really up for going the scenic route if thats still what people are planning?? Would rather just get there..
Just got back from having my car lowered, holy ****! Watch out for the sparks lol..
Lol just need some Ti skid plates and that'll be me haha..
Oh yeah...new susp set up before a trackday, think Jonnys going in full blown race mode...only kidding mate.
What wheels are on the car at the mo Jonny??? Are you going to surprise us with some new ones tomorrow?
Youll have to wait and see
Yeah fair point..
Ok mate well ill see you guys there at 6am (ARGGHHHHHH) tomorrow!!
see u guys there
What are people doing in regards cleaning cars when we arrive??
Just because mine will look mingin!! ha..
Fantastic. Keep the daftness coming.
You should try some posts when you get back from the pub late on.... Alcohol and humour a great mix if ever there was one!!
You need that magic no water car wash kit!
Lol...fellow car tarts,love ya!
Ok just as I am feeling like a RAK,
Circuit Motors next to the track has a power wash
[SIZE=-1]Upper Castle Combe[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Chippenham, SN14 7HB[/SIZE]
Shell in the area
I just gave mine a blast off after snow foaming the ******. Thats all its gettin
Gonna pack the "no water" stuff too for when i get there. Its gr8 for tarting up mid wash.
Take a lot of Pictures
Im bringing a bucket, shampoo, wash mitt etc etc if anyone needs to use it
Got to be sparkly!!
OK, i've just booked half a days track time, I would definitely do all day if i was able to be there all day but unfortunately I can't.
Just a bit of local information/warnings that people might find useful ahead of tomorrow:
- If you approach on the M4 westbound and leave at Jnc 17 to get to CC then you drive past a big Esso that obviously has Super unleaded 97 RON.
- if you approach from the Eastbound, which will be all the guys from the North coming down the M5 then getting onto the M4 Eastbound then there is a Shell garage with Vpower but be warned it is a very small garage and is often found to run out. if you want to be sure to get V power then you could continue down the M5 South past the turn off for the M4 and come off 2 jcn later which is 17. This would be a round trip out of your way of about 5 miles at the most and add as many minutes, i.e. it will add very little to your total journey. The garage is straight on at the bottom of the mway jcn roundabout, straight on at the next roundabout and you will see the garage on your right opposite a large BMW dealership on your left as you drive down a dual carriageway.
Speed Trap Camera vans.
- The M4 is one of the only stretches of motorway to be allowed permanent patrol and speed checks via police and or civilian manned Camera vans. They are allowed to do this between jcn 14 (Wantage) and 18 (Bath)
- if you are travelling Westbound there is a particularly high risk after about 8 in the morning, believe me i know as I travel up and down this mway and under these bridges 4 - 6 times a week and have the morning in court to prove it!
- although the whole stretch of approx 40 miles is patrolled there are only ever 2 places that the camera vans are seen.
- the first traveling eastbound is between marker posts 141.1 and 142, so I would drop the speed right down after the 139 marker, if you wait until you see the van it will be likely too late as they film from 600meters away and the shape of the road is such that you will not have much more than that by the time they are in sight.
- the other place they stop is between marker posts 149.5 and 150 so again go easy from about 148.
- if you are traveling Eastbound then the risk is much lower but occasionally you will get a van on the bridge of Jcn 18, but this is very rare as it is a busy roundabout and they can't park hear safely in the ice cream van (as I affectionately know them) sometimes you get a patrol car just sat on the grass verge as you come off the jcn.
Anyway hope that's useful to anyone making the trip tomorrow.
Oh and one last thing, if you don't make it to the safety briefing at 8.30 (if doing track time) then don't worry as they repeat them all day. I raced to get there thinking if i missed the 8.30 meeting themn that would be it only to find i could have had an extra hour in bed.
Don't whatever you do, go out on the first or 2nd session, I nearly did until someone kindly advised me against it and told me to watch the first few to see how people drive and where they get in to trouble,etc. the only near incidents i saw were all in the first few sessions!!
Look forward to seeing a few of you tomorrow, i'll have to see if i can get a space on the stand???
My brother is coming with me for the day and he's going to be taking lots of pics..
He left his mega SLR camera at uni but the cam that he's using will still make some really good pics..
As soon as I get back ill get them all up on here in a new post
Hope it doesnt rain!!
See you all tomorrow!!
See you tommorow!!
Ive just given mine a proper clean... whats the betting it lashes it down ?
I'm happy to bring my Digital SLR along plus telephoto lens if your brother wants to give it a go or if someone is happy to hang onto it while I'm on the track? Didn't bring it last time as I figured i'd have nowhere to put it when I was on track and didn't want that rolling around in the glovebox!!
Copperband, is that the fish?
Yes, how did you know, you have one?
Tarts all of you... washing your cars.... pah, what are you lot like...... haven't even bothered wasing mine, not in the slightest, honestly (pops to put bucket, wash mits, microfobre towels, etc, etc away!)
I haven't even got microfibres detailers spary in the boot.... noooooooooooo way!
See you all tomorrow guys - safe driven!
I used to keep a 50 gallon setup a few years back. Loved it, but when i got my own place couldnt find the room.
Very rewarding hobby
Looks like I'm the only one going up to Castle Combe from right down south tomorrow. I hope you northern lads are going to go easy on the only Southerner.
Look forward to meeting you all tomorrow.
Shandy drinker.....I'm a midlander
****** ellllll! 5:30am
Separate names with a comma.