Audi Driver International Day 2014 @ Castle Coombe

Clart

Audi S3
Reaction score
I don't normally post in this part of the forum (I normally lurk in the S3 8L section) but I thought I'd share my experience of this years ADI at Castle Coombe...

I was very very lucky to be private messaged by an Audi representative via this forum and was asked if I would be interested in attending a special event involving Audi cars? Yes Please... :)

So I was asked to forward my number on to David, (I was thinking this is some kind of a wind up on me, but after a few phone calls and email's back and forth) I realised that this was genuine...

So, I was offered the chance for myself and plus 1 to be chauffeur driven to Castle Coombe in a top spec Audi A7, and two hot laps in an R8, RS6 & a TT all driven by pro drivers.

1st off was the RS6 :) That blew my mind, unreal power, sound and grip for such a big car, I really was blown away...
2nd was the R8 :) :) :) Wow... Words can't describe that amazing car, the RS6 was quick but the R8 is a totally different beast, so much lighter, more sharp, power and the noise it makes! I really was a little bit scared to be honest, not having ever been in a super car before but the driver was really on it, I was thinking we're not gonna make a few of the corners but the R8 just destroyed every corner with ease...

And last of all was the TT which is a great car but after two hot laps of the RS6 and the R8 it felt a little tame, but still a great car on the track!

I had an amazing day and I never stopped smiling :)

Many thanks to David from Audi, and thank you to Audi for a very special day at Castle Coombe!

Phil...

Reactions: Ghost, Nilz and jojo
Hi Phil

Glad you had a good time.. I was told by someone from Audi that you seemed to be enjoying yourself :) Did you manage to take any pictures or were you too busy grinning... I know what I would have been doing in your position.

Hope that we will be able to give a few more people the chance to enjoy some of the new amazing cars.

A

No... I didnt take any photos unfortunately, I was too busy taking it all in, I'm really gutted I didnt take any but I was like a kid at Christmas :)

And as if by magic.....

Audi stand PD 2 Pd 2 PD 4 Phil Dee 1 Phil Dee in RS 6 Avant
See it's not what you know :)

If you want the higher res images let me know

A

Reactions: Arrkon, Ghost and Clart
Spot on! :) Cheers who ever you are...
Photo 2 in the R8, grinning from ear to ear... :)