Audi Driver International 16th September 2017 (Discussion Thread)

Hope you get it sorted. Video sounded very bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roadside Assistance confirmed it's a pretty major issue and have declared it off the road, so it's being transported first thing tomorrow :(

Cars are never easy for me, I hope the RS is worth it all.

Reactions: TRUEBLUEBURS7
What a great day and some awesome cars. Looking forward to editing some photos :nogarors4::blackrs4::greyrs4::redrs4::yellowrs4:

Look forward to seeing some of your work. Looking at your Instagram earlier in day, then I`m sure you got some cracking pics from today. Nice chatting to ya chap. Hopefully you got a decent one of my pride & joy too, cause I never !! :)

Reactions: Andyb5tdi
Apologies for having to shoot off quickly, decided to get home and get this car recovered to Audi :(

Nice chatting to you all! Safe trip home

Yeah, a fair drive when sat at 60 I guess ! :)
Roll on the RS3 bud !!

Thanks for all your help/brute force with the tent pegs was good to meet you.

Hope you get home to Scotland Street ok

Don`t mind mucking in. I recognize the effort others put into things like gazebos/flags etc so only right/fair.
Nice meeting you to bud. Hope you enjoy your night.

I think you have me mixed up with someone professional :smiley: I Only set up Instagram on Friday, but have no content there yet. Were you parked up next to the Silver RS4?

Yeah, a fair drive when sat at 60 I guess ! :)
Roll on the RS3 bud !!

Lmao, I was sat at 60 too, with a few occasional blips seeing as it is probably the last drive :'(

Counting down the days even more after this disappointment!

I think you have me mixed up with someone professional :smiley: I Only set up Instagram on Friday, but have no content there yet. Were you parked up next to the Silver RS4?
I`m defo confused then. I was speaking to someone this monring 1st thing with camera round his neck, looking like he knew what he was doing. Gave me his Isntagram handle to have a look at. Oh dear.. Wonder who that was then !! :)

Yeah, I was parked next to Toby`s cracking silver RS4.

Reactions: Andyb5tdi and THQuattro
Sorry not me, I chatted to a few people including Toby I think, but no instagram today

Reactions: THQuattro
I`m defo confused then. I was speaking to someone this monring 1st thing with camera round his neck, looking like he knew what he was doing. Gave me his Isntagram handle to have a look at. Oh dear.. Wonder who that was then !! :)

Yeah, I was parked next to Toby`s cracking silver RS4.
Thanks mate and nice to meet you and your superb car.
Good to see you all today and hope you all enjoyed it and your cars looked great.
Thanks to Alex for letting me tag along and watching him at work.

Reactions: Forbzeeee, Sandra and TRUEBLUEBURS7
Sorry not me, I chatted to a few people including Toby I think, but no instagram today
Oh dear.... Wonder who I was talking to with the camera then.. Please raise a hand someone on here....lol

Look forward to seeing your pics anyway though :)

Reactions: Forbzeeee
I passed you on the M4 this morning and i had spotted it mile off as it looked so clean.

Great day out, nice to meet some of you including Toby @THQuattro. Sorry I didn't the rest of your names but I too got distracted by track action.

Hi mate it was good to meet you too.
Come and see us at @Marells detailing as your local and we will make you a coffee.

Had a great day out yesterday. Good to catch up with the usual suspects and to meet some of the new ones.

15min track session was epic! Hope I don't regret it when I get the chance to assess the brakes.... They just don't feel the same

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Oh dear.... Wonder who I was talking to with the camera then.. Please raise a hand someone on here....lol

Look forward to seeing your pics anyway though :)
Certainly wasn't me as I only have an phone camera LOL...
Loved your RS7 though... I was parked next to it towards the end of the day :)
PS: (I will upload my iPhone pics to the picture thread despite the poor-quality)

Reactions: TRUEBLUEBURS7 and Sandra
Had a great day out yesterday. Good to catch up with the usual suspects and to meet some of the new ones.

15min track session was epic! Hope I don't regret it when I get the chance to assess the brakes.... They just don't feel the same

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My brakes don't feel the same either, the pedal needs to travel longer before any braking force at all. I think the fluid has boiled.

It was well worth the track time though!

I boiled my brake fluid, had smoke coming off the fronts, but once cooled down they have been fine.

I boiled my brake fluid, had smoke coming off the fronts, but once cooled down they have been fine.

I had smoke from my fronts also. The pedal is still really soft and has a longer travel though *thumbs down*

I had smoke from my fronts also. The pedal is still really soft and has a longer travel though *thumbs down*
Were you guys running standard or uprated brakes? Ash you were on the track a lot :)

Maybe worth just changing the fluid then

Yh getting it done Monday. Bought some ATE TYP200 brake fluid. Does anybody have experience with it? I was recommended it from a facebook forum.

Were you guys running standard or uprated brakes? Ash you were on the track a lot :)

My brakes are standard as is my whole car bar a Badger 5 TIP, BMC cone filter and it's remapped at 240bhp/236lbft.

Yh i had 3 sessions in the morning I really wanted to go back out but I nearly ran out of petrol lol. Also I wasn't the other red 8L that was on track in the afternoon, somebody already mistook me for him on YouTube ha.

That is the same brake fluid I shall be changing too. Its the highest temp brake fluid I have found.

That is the same brake fluid I shall be changing too. Its the highest temp brake fluid I have found.

A guy from the facebook forum recommended Motul RBF660 which has a 325 dry boiling point and 204 wet (compared to the TYP200 280 dry/198 wet) according to it's specification on OpieOils website if you wanted to look into that.

A guy from the facebook forum recommended Motul RBF660 which has a 325 dry boiling point and 204 wet (compared to the TYP200 280 dry/198 wet) according to it's specification on OpieOils website if you wanted to look into that.

I have looked at that, but from what I read about, you have to replace it more often that ATE typ200. Also from what I can work out is that the wet boiling point is the important one, I am happy to be corrected. So we are talking 4C between ate and mutol 660

Below found online.

"The Dry Boiling Point of brake fluid refers to the boiling temperature of fresh, new brake fluid from an unopened container. Whereas the Wet Boiling Pointis defined as the temperature DOT brake fluid will begin to boil after it has absorbed 3.7% water by volume."

Have any of you seen this one: Project Mu G-Four 335 DOT4 Brake Fluid

It's very expensive in comparison but has the highest wet and dry boiling points

I have looked at that, but from what I read about, you have to replace it more often that ATE typ200. Also from what I can work out is that the wet boiling point is the important one, I am happy to be corrected. So we are talking 4C between ate and mutol 660

Below found online.

"The Dry Boiling Point of brake fluid refers to the boiling temperature of fresh, new brake fluid from an unopened container. Whereas the Wet Boiling Pointis defined as the temperature DOT brake fluid will begin to boil after it has absorbed 3.7% water by volume."

Well you learn something new every day, I didn't know how the boiling temps worked. As you say then its not really worth the extra money. So is the dry boiling temperature kind of useless when it's removed from the can?

Have any of you seen this one: Project Mu G-Four 335 DOT4 Brake Fluid

It's very expensive in comparison but has the highest wet and dry boiling points

No I haven't seen that and would definitely not consider it unless I was going to be tracking my car a LOT! Ha. I guess it's decent though or at least I'd hope for that sort of money. Do you use it?

Well you learn something new every day, I didn't know how the boiling temps worked. As you say then its not really worth the extra money. So is the dry boiling temperature kind of useless when it's removed from the can?

Yea I believe its the wet boiling point that is more important because, as soon as you open the bottle it is in contact with moisture. Admittedly not at the 3.7% water content yet. But if you are keeping it in the car for 2-3 years that is the one I believe you should go by. If you are changing fluid every 6 months the dry temp is the important one.

Have you seen Castrol React SPF Racing? 270 wet 320 dry. I believe that one if not the highest on the market. Around £50 a liter on amazon.

http://www.salube.co.za/downloads/tds/react-srf-racing.pdf

Reactions: AshL
Just wanted to post to say thanks for letting me attend on stand with my black (rather filthy looking after the drive) Audi A5. Good to met a couple of you too, Phil and mike/Mark and happy to help setting up the teepee hope to see more of you guys again soon

I remember some discussion on the day regards this one :)

Reactions: AshL and THQuattro