1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi Driver Info Display

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by jonathanA4, Jun 3, 2004.

1. jonathanA4

jonathanA4 New Member

[Jun 3, 2004]
    I've got a 1.8T Auto/Tip... I just noticed this, but on my centre display all of the gears show up highlighted with red around them so there's one big block of red with PRND432 in black and you can't really tell what gear you're in unless you actually look down at the gearbox.

When I'm driving shouldn't only the "D" be highlighted in red on the display? Is there something wrong with the display unit?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. AndyHolmes

AndyHolmes New Member

[Jun 3, 2004]
    Yes, but I have no idea what's causing it. Mine, exactly the same car, only highlights the gear you're in. Sorry I couldn't be any more help.
  4. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 3, 2004]
    Sorry in advance if I've misunderstood, but yes, it's only meant to highlight the gear you're in, but all the other do remain illuminated. Are you sure there's no distinction?
  5. jonathanA4

jonathanA4 New Member

[Jun 4, 2004]
    jdp1962, no there's no distinction. You know how it highlights the gear you've selected in red, mine shows up as if ALL the gears are selected (and it's always like this)
    If this helps at all for extra info, the car is a 2000.

I guess I was wondering more if this was a common problem with the display unit perhaps or if mine is just acting funny.

The car drives just fine as far as I can tell, and I had my car checked over recently by my mechanic and he said it's in good shape and everything was running fine. I really just noticed the gear select thing recently though and was curious what was up. If it's just a glitch with the display unit, I'm not too concerned about that and I can live with it.

If anyone else had this issue though and had any answers as to what the problem was I'd be really interested to know what the problem was.

Thanks for your responses.