Audi depretiation

jars

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals.

I've come to a sad part of my life, i have recently split with my missus of 5 and a half years, so i have to sell my beloved car :(

Although i know Audi's keep their value well compared to most, i have no idea what this would represent, was wondering how much it actually would have depreciated since we bought it.

purchased my a3 in march forjust £6300, and since then have put 5k miles on the clock. everything else has stayed the same, no new dings or dents, mechanically as sound as it's always been, 2 brand new tyres on it.

now she wants to buy it off of me, (i can't afford to buy it off her so have no choice really but to let it go) and was wondering what you guys think about how much value it would have lost over the last 7 months bearing in mind the above.

i know i should probably just go on autotrader or the like and search for similar type cars, age, mileage etc, but wanted to get an opinion from people who love their cars just as much as i do!

cheers in advance

Sorry to hear about sad news. They take all your money and now they want your car also. Anyways..I would say £5600-5700.

in all honesty i don't think it will have lost any value at all in that time. try sell it for around £6000

chin up anyway. i'm sure this is tough, but sometimes things happen for the best.

thanks tku

i am lucky i suppose, i know she wont try to rob me blind, but i have experienced the other in my past!!!

about what i was expecting, suppose i should be happy with that, but would prefer to keep my car!!!

in all honesty i don't think it will have lost any value at all in that time. try sell it for around £6000

chin up anyway. i'm sure this is tough, but sometimes things happen for the best.

if i could get her to take it off my hands for £6k then i will be a happy(ish!) man, been looking at a fabia vrs as a replacement (cheaper to buy than an audi, and will leave me some left over for other deposit etc, similar performance stats to the 2.0tdi a3 i have, although i know i will be disapointed in a direct comparison to the a3)

You wont be dissapointed with the Fab, awesome little cars, they feel very fast with a chip up to 175bhp!

Just try and find one with a clean interior and you will be fine

Tell her its gone up in value and its worth 10K!!