1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi dealership oil service

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Vazza, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Vazza

Vazza Member

So the service "spanner" light came on in my car last month. I called up my local Audi dealer today to find out if it was due for a service and was told to check the DIS by pulling the right prong. Anyway it said oil change due 34 days ago...I checked with the service department as I had only bought the car approximately March last year as an used approved with 13400 on the clock and now had reached 19800. It had been serviced (on variable regime) in November 2009 when it was bought by the dealership with 13300 on the clock.

Is it normal for an oil change after 6000 miles when I figure they would/should have changed the oil in the first service? Also they tried to persuade me to book my car in for the oil change at the dealership for the princely sum of £200 including VAT! Not sure if it's worth getting it done at the dealer cos of the stamp as it's still under warranty?
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  2. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

they have given up with long life oil changes. bout time too IMHO. when i pull my reset thing it says oil change 260 days, service 19000k miles
  3. Minstadave

Minstadave Member

Audi aren't doing long life oil changes?
  4. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

Well not on new cars it seems
  5. greg1903

greg1903 Member

I thought the oil change varied depending on the type of driving you do. Short commutes = shorter period, long motorway journeys = longer period.

With regards the dealers stamp, as long as parts used are Audi approved, it shouldn't affect your warranty.