1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi Damaged my car!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by cjp2k, Apr 7, 2008.

1. cjp2k

cjp2k Member

Following on from having my convenicence module replaced, I took car back to work, and realised that they hadnt fitted some of the trim back correctly, annoyed took it back and the re fitted it, however On closer inspection the panel that runs from the headlining to the plastic bits where the parcel shelf sits has two marks in the fabric, They must have been caused by audi, but where do I stand, the cars going in to be inspected tomorrow morning, but I have a feeling they will tell to to get lost!!

Can this panel be replaced, I think it could be the C Pillar??

If so, how much we talking if I need to buy the part to fit it myself

Has anyone had audi repair problems that they have caused to car interiors etc??

Thanks

Chris
  2. phantom

phantom On Boost

Maybe a pic would help us to advise you, my mate?

p
  3. cjp2k

cjp2k Member

Its hard to see on this pic but hope you can see it, I have put red boxes round for obvious reasons, You can feel the difference in the fabric when you rub your fingers against it.

[​IMG][​IMG]
  4. RobinA3

RobinA3 Active Member

i think i need glasses................

can't see anything to be honest but i am guessing its the picture quality
  5. Carpy25

Carpy25 Member

panel should be changable but getting them to admit they did it is another thing

Rob
  6. jamiekip

jamiekip Guest

It is a replaceable part and judging where the marks are it looks like they have caught it with the parcel shelf supports (have they had these off???). If they have done work on that part of the car then you should ask for thier opinion on the matter. If you're not happy with what they propose ask to speak to the service manager.
    Your argument should be that you ahve all owrk donr through an Audi centre so the job can be done properly by people who know the cars.

Good luck!
  7. Red Head

Red Head Flat Out

Stand your ground if you believe Audi damaged the interior panel, one guy in particular in my local Audi dealer tried to belittle me and walk over the top of me (probably as I'm a female in early twenties). But one main Audi dealer here in NI does not help matters at all.

I got my car back from a mechanic with grubby hand prints above the A-pillar, at least yours is out of sight a bit more..
  8. cjp2k

cjp2k Member

Well I have been to Audi this morning and got the car booked back into get the trim replaced!

I was expecting a fight as the Service manager said he couldnt see the damage, I did point out more damage that they have caused, and finally gave in and agreeed to replace any damaged trim which is nice of them!!

Only thing is I cant get the car in till Friday the 18th!!

Cheers

Chris
  9. phantom

phantom On Boost

The trim will have to be orderd in anyway mate.

Glad your happy

p
  10. jamiekip

jamiekip Guest

Good result - nice to hear they were helpful rather than difficult.

JK
  11. cjp2k

cjp2k Member

Well I managed to get my car booked in today

Just has a call from Audi, The C Pillar Trim is been replaced, however the other trim they damaged. The boot side trim where the parcel shelf fits is the new part is smashed, so they need 2 re order it!!