Audi Connect - How Much Data Do You Actually Need?

Dazzle89

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Now i know this subject is based on how much you drive and use the features of audi connect but i am looking for a rough guide from people already using it. Been reading all over the forum from the Three 321 sim, the ovio sim, the ee pre pay sims etc, however not alot of people mention how long they last/how much data they need.

I am getting my upgrade soon from EE (iphone 6) and from what i can work out - the shared data plan for £5 a month works out the best - issue is how much data is needed? I currently have 3gb a month on my iphone 5 and most of the time use it up - so when my upgrade comes either jumping on 4gb or the next bracket which is 10gb a month. The 4gb is £27.99 a month + £5.00 or the 10gb is £33.99 a month + £5.

Ideally the 4gb is the plan i want to jump on but regardless if i use the data on my phone will i be alright for audi connect. I average a 20 min drive to and from work mon to fri (no satnav needed, simply radio) would only possibly be for sat & sun and odd possible evening (to give a guide of how much driving i would be doing)

I've used less than 100MB since getting the car two months ago (about 2500 miles covered). Most of the services barely use any data, think its only the Google Earth maps that would use a lot if you were driving around with them permanently displayed.

bingo - 4gb month is the route to go then i see

Reactions: phil1824
Had it on the last 8V didn't use it at all so didn't spec it on this car.

Reactions: mcnallys