Audi Concert to aftermarket stereo - please help

maffew

Reaction score
Hi all,

Bought myself an Alpine Bluetooth / aux stereo (Halfords | Alpine CDE-133BT CD Tuner with Parrot Bluetooth)

I was told at the shop I needed a PC9-401 lead (Halfords | Harness Adaptor PC9-401 Audi to speakers)

But... after many attempts at trying to get it to work, it simply will not.

I originally had the single-din Audi Concert stereo, and upon putting this in it will only stay on permanently and not work off the ignition (or if I try different combinations it will not turn on at all) - extremely frustrated by this.

I would be so grateful if any of you guys had any ideas as I've been sat in the car for the past 2 hours trying to do this and wasted £30 on the lead..

Thanks!!!

Not used that lead...

But your original stereo should use a can bus signal, not an ignition live to turn it on.
Aftermarket units need an ignition live to switch them.

I had to run my own wire for this, as i didnt want to pay the circa £70 at the time for a canbus adapter.

Let me know how you get on with the aerial too, as mine still doesnt work.

Thanks for that - yeah I aren't liking the idea of spending £70 on an adapter. Should I just run a wire to the fusebox for it to work on the ignition then?

Think they've also given me the wrong Fascia adapter as well - won't be using Halfords again after this.

Never use halfrauds! You walked in there, bent over and pulled your trousers down!

You have the wrong lead to begin with!
You needed the connects 2 cable kit... It costs about £30-35 not £70! The thing is though for a complete hassle free install you want to get the complete kits which also have the fitting cages, correct fascias and the right aerial adapters that all just make the new stereo 'just work'. It also comes with the stereo removing keys for ease.
here is one of the kits Car Audio & Security: Car Stereo, Speakers & Subwoofers, Car DVD Players, GPS and CD Changers

never had an issue with any of the stereo installs I have done while using these kits for the guys that have had me install stereos

Yeah I generally don't use Halfords as they're rip offs however as I was there buying the Alpine as it was cheaper than anywhere online, I decided to just get my cables there too.

Anyways, went to a different store today and told them how p****d off I was and a lad was really helpful, rigged up an ignition wire to my fusebox so now the stereo works on the ignition as it should.

They had indeed sold me the wrong facia, which I got refunded and ordered one here (CT24AU04 Facia Plate for Audi A3 2003>) for just £4.55 - mine is the dodgy size one which I think was only made for a couple of years that's why Halfords didn't have a clue.

Only issue now is, for some reason I can't get the stereo to seek radio stations, I have to manually stop where I know there's a station - nightmare!!! Is there anyway I can work around this or sort it??

Thanks again!

I recently bought a Sony XAV-601-BT and got a harness (forgot what its called) and only the front speakers worked so then got a pc9-401 and now there's no power going to the head unit at all!?! im soo confused! I've done the ignition live with the other harness too. Could anyone tell me why this is happening?

Hi I am new to this forum. I have got a 2006 A3 8P sportback 1.6 FSI. I am looking to change the concert single din radio in at the moment. I want to put an after market radio in but I have no idea as to what I am doing with regards to wiring and being a student, have not got too much money to spend. can someone guide me in the right direction???

is it straight plug and play with that ctsad003 ? Or do I need to wire is elsewhere such as the fusebox?

Which aerial antenna do I need?

Any other things?

Thanks for your quick replies btw :)

straight plug in but needs to connect a grounding wire and the radio amp wire otherwise you will have terrible reception issues. standard aerial adapter will do.
speak to the guys at dynamic sounds... they know their stuff and have helped me on mine when i first started doing this stuff

Hi, sorry to chip in, "upgraded" to Alpine CDE235BT, CDS and MP3's play fine but the radio is awful, gone through so many connectors its stupid now , got the dual fakra powered aerial lead and still very poor, thinking about putting the chorus back in, never had an issue with that.

you will always get a loss of radio as you have gone from what is essentially 2 aerials to one... the newer cars have a dual fakra adapter that can be used or you can upgrade to a stereo that has the DAB function if radio is important. I have my iPod on all the time so doesn't bother me at all.

straight plug in but needs to connect a grounding wire and the radio amp wire otherwise you will have terrible reception issues. standard aerial adapter will do.
speak to the guys at dynamic sounds... they know their stuff and have helped me on mine when i first started doing this stuff

I have but I still do not really understand how to go about that. Is there any step by step how to guides? which wires need to be grounded etc...

Hi, I have been trying to fit an alpine in my S38L. I have an adapter that works without running any wires but it drains the battery, so i brought a 2nd adapter that needs a live running to it, I used the lighter live but when I did that it stopped my remote central locking from working. I would prefer to use the one that doesn't need a live. I've attached images of the adapter that doesnt require a live running to it. Could it be that its a permanent live running to it? as the stereo stays on without the keys in the ignition.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Attachments

• IMG_0528.JPG
    IMG_0528.JPG
    691.5 KB · Views: 1,809
  • IMG_0529.JPG
    IMG_0529.JPG
    662.4 KB · Views: 1,579
you need to get the ones that has a switched live so that your stereo will turn off. as you have the 8l it isn't canbus so you need to do it old skool wiring

Hi all,

Bought myself an Alpine Bluetooth / aux stereo (Halfords | Alpine CDE-133BT CD Tuner with Parrot Bluetooth)

I was told at the shop I needed a PC9-401 lead (Halfords | Harness Adaptor PC9-401 Audi to speakers)

But... after many attempts at trying to get it to work, it simply will not.

I originally had the single-din Audi Concert stereo, and upon putting this in it will only stay on permanently and not work off the ignition (or if I try different combinations it will not turn on at all) - extremely frustrated by this.

I would be so grateful if any of you guys had any ideas as I've been sat in the car for the past 2 hours trying to do this and wasted £30 on the lead..

Thanks!!!
Hi did you sort this and how unfortunately only looked on this site after I had been to halfords was told not to buy a wire harness but facia and aerial adapter all seemed to work ok permanently stayed on but take the the facia off all good , then whilst I unplugged again to fit the Bluetooth jack and new facia no power nothing checked fuse blown changed blown then not blown but no power still no power put old stereo but nothing wife not happy upgrade to no stereo at all
Please help

Mark