audi concert ii diversity aerial

steve-

Reaction score
Hi Guys ive an 2006 audi a4 b7 with concert ii single din full bose and factory ipod dock i will be removing this and fitting a pioneer avh8400bt once the fascia adaptor comes the issue i have is what kind of aerial adaptor do i need to solve the issues with the diversity aerial ive seen adaptors for the symphony which are dual fakra. but i have not come across anythng for the concert ii which seem to be a standard plug and a fakra plug ill attach a pic of the standard radio showing both sockets white and yellow. anyone have any ides what to do ?

Attachments

• 203915302-w988.jpg
    203915302-w988.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 7,538
Thanks Andy. So the reception will be just as strong without it ? even with the de-mister? (this used to affect my bmw)

You need to ensure the radio can generate phantom power to power the antenna booster, if it cannot then you may need a widget to provide +12v down the antenna wire.

But wouldn't the yellow fakra have to be connected somehow to The new radio to do this ? What would be a good 12v wire to connect to ? I have seen a phantom double fakra connection for retrofitting the rnse but does any company make something that will work for me ?

Thanks Andy i have just ordered one. You seem to know what you are talking about so i have another question, i bought the CTKAU02 fitting kit i have full Bose is the harness plug N play or do some of the pins have to be swapped around ?

Are you sure you have a single DIN Concert (thought they were all double DIN quadlock on the B7)
If you do have a single DIN Concert then not sure why you bought the CTKAU02, as that includes a Quadlock harness and from the image above your system is clearly ISO - all single DIN Audi HU's are ISO

CTSAD002CTSAD003
yeah im sure its a single din bought a double din frame and climate control in order to fit the double din pioneer.
Take a look it has both the quadlock and iso harness i bought it as a kit worked out cheaper (this is what i will be using harness with brown rca's) just not sure if it is 100% plug and play ?

Last edited:
Yes it should be. You won't have a switched ignition live though, not sure if that adapter will give you CANBUS emulation so you may need to wire both up to the perm live or wire in a switched live

Apparently it is compatible with the canbus system it has a little box (far right on the picture) that is supposed to hook up to it so Im hoping this will give ignition live and illumination. Is there anything else the canbus adapter should control ?

The canbus interface I got delivers GALA (speed controlled volume) and illumination as well as ignition and reverse gear outputs