1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi component protection

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by a6tdi27q, Oct 16, 2009.

1. a6tdi27q

a6tdi27q New Member

[Oct 16, 2009]
    I purchased Audi CD Changer on ebay, swapped it out today and it was working fine until I switched the car on.It seems that the component protection kicked in as it pauses every couple of secs although radio still works fine.Does anyone know what Audi dealers charge for removal and how long does it take to complete (before they tell me they need to remove front bumper in order to get to the back of it..:eyebrows:)?
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. DGSdale

DGSdale Member

[Oct 16, 2009]
    Don't know anything about component protection but I do know that when I fitted my Panasonsic CD changer (also off ebay) which was a straight swap for the Audi unit, it also worked fine until I started the engine-at which point it just locked up & wouldn't do anything. Realised that starting the engine was pulling the car battery down below the CD player's threshold voltage which also led to me finding out that the car had the wrong battery (it was shortly after I'd bought the car) & that it wasn't in a great state. Replaced the car battery & everything was fine.

Dave
  4. a6tdi27q

a6tdi27q New Member

[Oct 16, 2009]
    Thanks Dave, but this is nothing to do with the battery (battery meter shows max and it's in good state) as the original cd changer works fine, it's the component protection that's kicked in.Thanks god radio is separate module so still works fine.