1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi Complete – service, maintenance, tyres and 5-year warranty.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by TripleD, Jan 24, 2012.

1. TripleD

TripleD Audi Novice

[Jan 24, 2012]
    Hi All,

Taken from the Audi A4 Price and specs it says:-

AC2
    Audi Complete – service, maintenance, tyres and 5-year warranty. Comprehensive care for your Audi covering
    all your servicing, maintenance and tyres for 3 years, as well as your first MOT and a full 5-year/90,000-mile
    warranty. Visit your local Audi Centre for further details or audi.co.uk/audicomplete for full details including
    terms and conditio

So that's £47 per month or £68 if it's an S4!

That sounds too good to be true? I'm looking at the fact they cover your tyres for 3 years, I do 20,000 miles a year, okay admittedly the first years worth of tyres are already on the car, but I'd need at least another 2 sets in 3 years of ownership, at £250 a corner that's £2000 worth of tyres let alone the variable servicing every 15kish miles, and over 3 years that would only cost me £1692!

What's the catch? there's gotta be some small print!
  2. TripleD

TripleD Audi Novice

[Jan 24, 2012]
    Ah ha! small print if your search for the hidden T's & C's on the Audi Website it's based upon 3 years / 30,000 miles.
    I guess the fee goes up massively for 3 years / 60,000 miles!
  3. a3tdi2001

a3tdi2001 Member

[Jan 24, 2012]
    So for three years/30k miles you'd actually be paying £1692 for a set of tyres, an oil change, and an MOT. Not forgetting whatever else they can hoodwink you for whilst the car is in the garage:)
  4. TripleD

TripleD Audi Novice

[Jan 24, 2012]
    True! Maybe it's not such a good deal!
    BMW have a decent service package tho, why can't Audi?
  5. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

[Jan 24, 2012]
    Just remember you are tying yourself into when Audi want to service your car, and not when you want it to be serviced. Still don't think variable servicing is a good idea.

However be fun to see what they say if you did a few trackdays and asked for a new set of tyres??
    I know that Kwik Fit and Halfords now do lifetime brakes - you pay for them to fit discs and pads and as long as you own the car, they will be replaced for free. Again, not sure what they'd say if you tracked your car and kept coming back every 6 months.
  6. TripleD

TripleD Audi Novice

[Jan 24, 2012]
    Again the small print reads that they can refuse to replace if they suspect that it's not just general wear and tear.

Think I'll be sticking to servicing it, and buying the tyres I want. Was an interesting throught and makes sense until you read the small print! Nothings ever as good as it looks!