1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi Collection @ Ingolstadt

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_ilclifford, Aug 14, 2004.

1. imported_ilclifford

imported_ilclifford Guest

Does anyone know if the Audi Collection facility can be used to collect UK cars, if so, does anyone know anyone who's done it.

The wait for my 3.2Q DSG is just killing me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Ian
  2. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

I know for a fact that you can't. When I came back last Easter I enquired with an Audi Product Manager and I also asked for special circumstances for a TV feature but they couldn't do it.

Not all cars come thru Ingolstadt and therefore they don't have the transport infrastructure to do it. Of course they could but there would be a price increase and most people expect it to be cheaper. Additionally when people collect cars they normally want a factory tour. The factory charge for this so Audi UK would have that cost as well as all the admin/organisation etc.

Then once you collect it you have the issue of insurance before it's registered back home. It's therefore not as easy as it first appears.

A long winded way of saying "no". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
  3. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

When I visited the factory last year the guide said it was not yet possible for UK customers to collect their own cars. Although there were a couple a right-hand drive A3s being collected they were for British servicemen stationed in Germany and the cars had German number plates. May be worth asking Customer Services to see if the situation has changed.

It probable will not shorten the delivery time by much as most cars are in the UK within a week of being completed.