Audi cab Bluetooth microphone

Gazthesparky

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I'm in the process of retrofitting a Audi bluetooth module

I've ordered and picked up today the mic unit that sits behind the centre light in my A4 B7 cab

The mic is different from the more common flat mic there are 2 mic heads which fit into holes either side of the light unit

I was expecting there to be just 2 wires a positive and a negative but the connector on the end is a 4 pin connector and the 2 mics are wired independently from eachother

Im sure I rember reading somewhere ages ago that one of the two is for the Bose unit but I think I might of
Imagened it

Just thought I'd ask on here before I go diving into elsawin if anyone knows off hand how the mics are connected

Any help would be much appreciated
If not I'll get stuck into elsawin

Cheers

You only have 1 mic for the BT & it pushes into a pre-determined hole in the plastic assembly, there maybe ultrasonics in the light assembly aswell, you sure you ordered the correct part?

You only have 1 mic for the BT & it pushes into a pre-determined hole in the plastic assembly, there maybe ultrasonics in the light assembly aswell, you sure you ordered the correct part?
Sounds like he might have the TT part - which has the Bose and phone mics as a single assembly.

Hi guys

Thanks for your input I have now worked it out after getting my laptop out and studying elsawin

I have got the right part and yes there are 2 holes in the interior light for the microphones

There are 2 mics one is for the the Bluetooth module and the other is for the Bose system (for monitoring I guess)

I've made the wiring loom up for the module now the only other question that I've got is I guess I tap into the power connections can H and can L and k line by soldering the new cables onto the existing wires ? That are in the quad lock connector

mine pluged stright into the BT unit

Cheers bez

Ive got the 52 pin plug that plugs into the BT module I'm just refuring to the other end where it connects to the quad lock adapter at the back of the HU I've got the crimps that go into the connectors but the CAN wires ect are already used so I'm guessing I just solder the new BT wires to these

Cheers bez

Ive got the 52 pin plug that plugs into the BT module I'm just refuring to the other end where it connects to the quad lock adapter at the back of the HU I've got the crimps that go into the connectors but the CAN wires ect are already used so I'm guessing I just solder the new BT wires to these

I cut the plug off the end on my mic and soldered them to the two wires that come off the loom off the back of the BT box, works perfectly, routing the cable down the door pillar is fun, just done an S4 cab, the roof lining has a lot more screws and nuts holding it on than my saloon. Picked my mic up for £9.99 plus P&P online.