Audi brake pad wear sensor

spartacus 68

Reaction score
This fault started last week and has been coming on intermittently. The pads have plenty wear left on them. To rule out the fault on the pads themselves, I disconnected the pad and connector, and on the other half of the connector I bridged the gap with fuse wire. Fault still there - so it's the plastic connector. I cut off the connectors, and joined the wires together - fault cleared. Only trouble is this is part of the ABS loom, and I'm not paying top dollar to strip the whole lot out because of a dodgy connector. I plan to strip in a new connector, solder the wires then shrink-wrap the cable so they're as good as new. Will any VAG brake connector work - like this for example? Cheers for any advice.
VW Touarge Audi Q7 Porsche Cayenne OEM Front Brake Pad Wear Sensor 7L0907637 | eBay

Car is B5 A4 avant quattro (front sensors)

Last edited:
How about a trip to Overtons (or Sharpewood or Frasers in Huntley, or Persley maybe)?

You could then chop off what you need, and know it is the right bit.

That DOES look very like the part you want, though.

How about a trip to Overtons (or Sharpewood or Frasers in Huntley, or Persley maybe)?

You could then chop off what you need, and know it is the right bit.

That DOES look very like the part you want, though.

Cheers PaulF... haven't been to Persley for years. I'll check it out.

I have issues with Overtons now (thieving git issues!!) but to be fair, if you are after stuff that is non-standard, they may take you out back for what you are after.

I usually try on-line for stuff - but generally only where I can call and chat.1 minute chatting will tell you if the guy is worth dealing with. Of course, you can always try Aberdeen Audi..... (I DON'T generally have thieving git issues with them!!!!)

You can always try Aberdeen Audi...

Spoke to Aberdeen Audi on Friday - as I was picking up filters to service my wife's car. They only sell the entire loom, although there is a part number on the connector - so I might look into this further. I asked to look at a brake sensor from a Q7 - same thing I posted from the link on Ebay. The male connector on the Bosch pads - looks like it will fit the sensor wiring from the Q7. They're only a fiver off Ebay - no way I'm paying £20. Got a good price from Aberdeen Audi for genuine water-pump, thermostat, full-timing belt kit and ancillary belt for £200.

I have issues with Overtons now (thieving git issues!!) but to be fair, if you are after stuff that is non-standard, they may take you out back for what you are after.

Went to Persley - talk about a blast from the past. Loads of folk stripping stuff out of (what has to be said are some fairly crap cars). Only two Audis there - an early A6 2.8 Quattro and a early A4 (R plate) but no pad sensors. I did clip off what looked like the same connectors from the A6 but I suspect they were for headlight washers. Don't fit anyway. Got them for free - so no big deal. Still looking!

000 979 019 EA is the part number for one 0.5mm cable with gold plated contact pins that fits the above housing.

The cables come with a pin on either end, so you cut one lead in half to get two pins, however there appears to be a minimum order quantity of 5 leads.

Speak to Jason.s off here, i'm sure he'll be able to sort you them out for a decent price.

000 979 019 EA is the part number for one 0.5mm cable with gold plated contact pins that fits the above housing.

The cables come with a pin on either end, so you cut one lead in half to get two pins, however there appears to be a minimum order quantity of 5 leads.

Speak to Jason.s off here, i'm sure he'll be able to sort you them out for a decent price.

Cheers for that - I made something up myself with 0.5mm cable which I'm sure will work. It's a bit Heath Robinson - but it'll do. At least it's waterproof, so should last.