Audi Bluetooth with iPhone 3GS - how well does it work?

maars

Full speed ahead
Reaction score
I've currently got a Nokia and it sync's with Audi's BT in-car kit perfectly. I'm now looking to change my phone for an iPhone 3GS. How well does it work with the Audi BT - does it sync the contacts onto the RNS-e successfully? Any known issues or compatibility problems?

Works fine, don't have rnse but the phone book loads up fine and is visible on the DIS.

Trying to figure out if the speech control works still...

I don't have any buzzing on mine at all.

my 3gs has random disconnects with the audi bluetooth - seems quite common on the internet

my 3g however works fine

maybe a bluetooth firmware upgrade would solve the problem??

Yeah I've got the same issue with my 3GS - works 100% fine most of the time, then the BT randomly disconnects. Often it will reconnect 10 secs later, but sometimes just doesn't reconnect.

I wouldn't let it put you off changing for the 3GS - it's a great phone, and I use it very heavily whilst in the car, and rarely have a problem.

Out of interest, which version BT module are you using? I'm thinking of upgrading to the 'S'.

Out of interest, which version BT module are you using? I'm thinking of upgrading to the 'S'.

I have absolutely no idea. It was supplied new about 10 months ago.

Where have you been maars? :readit:
Missing the delights of this forum...and modding. Oh, and looking for a replacement to the A3 for the summer :idea: