Audi behaving incosistantly

leecool

Reaction score
Hi fellow Sportback owners & others too!
I have been involved with a few threads regarding the dreaded diesel injector failiers.
I'm hoping I can drum up some support from anyone who has suffered or is still suffering like me at the hands of Audi regarding this subject.
I'l start from the top & you's can decide in favour of Audi or myself.

I booked my 56 plate A3 2.0 TDi into Swansea Audi dealership to get my injectors checked out & see if they were the faulty siemans ones. As I was booking the car in I told the chap booking it in that the injectors need inspecting in case of failure issues.
He made me sign a declaration, that if the work carried out falls outside of Audi's goodwill gesture I will be charged £107.40. I was confident as I had soken to & had on me the email from VOSA.
I was called to collect the car, and you got it, I was charged! I showed him the letter & he tossed it asside & ignored it. He said you have been charged for the diagnosis. your injectors work fine & you egr valve is fkd basically. I told him I didn't ask for a diagnosis, I asked for an inspection! I couldn't get my car back unless I paid & I need it.
I agreed to pay & claim it back. I contacted Audi UYK when I got in, they were fumbling too & weren't sure about the injectors really.
Anyhow I got a call from the Audi dealership, they asked would I bring the car back & we'll inspect the injectors properly.
Again it went in, I was called to collect my car & was told that my car was ok and injectors were fine. I was then toldd it doesnt suffer from injectors cos it's the 140bhp BKD engine. Guess what?!! No charge!!!!!
Now here's 2 dropped boll***s, they put my vin no in the 1st time around & they told me they couldn't determine what engine it had without checking it out. I'm not stupid I've worked on cars for years. That's No 1!
No 2, my EGR valve is fine because it's run off of a vacuum & not electronic. My flywheel is in fact knackered & that's causing my judder on startup. So where are they getting their info??
How do I know about the flywheel? I took it to an Audi mechanic! can't say who tho'.
Now Audi in Swansea are refusing my refund & Audi UK said they cant preassure them!
Thats bull too! I've read threads on here where Audi UK have made the difference! I'm going down the route of trading standards now & I need all the support I can muster.
Please help!
chheers guy's & girls.

Nope, sign nothing, mine were checked at Leeds Audi and i didn't have to pay a penny!

Get on the blower to Audi UK, ask for a chap called Dominic and explain your position.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the franchise model; flawed from start to end as the manufacturer has such little power to overrule.

No wonder Mercedes ditched them all and took matters back in house.

Best of luck getting it sorted.

Cheers AidenUK, I have been on the phone many time to Audi UK, wot a waste of space! I spoke to a guy called Gary Fox, He was very sympathetic & tried to help. But eventually he said he can't preassure the showroom to reimburse me.:shutup2:
Unbelievable isn't it, they can get away with everything, makes me sick!!
I'm going all the way with this, I've got so much evidence. The manager at the dealership basically said to VOSA Bite me! Then VOSA do nothing!:wtf:

Cheers AidenUK, I have been on the phone many time to Audi UK, wot a waste of space! I spoke to a guy called Gary Fox, He was very sympathetic & tried to help. But eventually he said he can't preassure the showroom to reimburse me.:shutup2:
Unbelievable isn't it, they can get away with everything, makes me sick!!
I'm going all the way with this, I've got so much evidence. The manager at the dealership basically said to VOSA Bite me! Then VOSA do nothing!:wtf:

Saying that they can't pressure the showroom to reimburse you is rubbish pal, Leeds Audi tried to tell me that they were going to charge me before they actually got the car from me, rang Dominic at Audi UK and after a few phone calls of explaining who'd said what, i got a letter from him stating that i WOULD NOT be charged by Audi Leeds to do the diagnostics check.

Keep trying, they're fobbing you off and ******* you about but you'll get what you want in the end.