Facelift Audi beam (puddle lights) not working

bm5172

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've recently taken delivery of my s3 Sportback!

I've just been on my first night drive, which was great! When I got home and opened the door, I realised that I wasn't getting the cool Audi beam projection on the road! Is there a way of turning them on? Or am I going to have to get back to the dealers?

Thanks

Hi there,

I've recently taken delivery of my s3 Sportback!

I've just been on my first night drive, which was great! When I got home and opened the door, I realised that I wasn't getting the cool Audi beam projection on the road! Is there a way of turning them on? Or am I going to have to get back to the dealers?

Thanks
They were 'missing' from my S3 and I had to chase them up. They are now getting replaced under warranty. They told me it was a manufacturing issue. I had working puddle lights just not the Audi beam.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
How do they forget install them?!
Did they do it straight away, or have you been told to wait?

Mine will be installed this weekend but it would have been earlier if I didn't stay two hours away from the dealer. The dealer is not installing them as I refused to drive out to them or allow one of their guys to pick up my car.
I am of the opinion that they have been removed by someone but I am only guessing.

Reactions: azibux1 and Audi Bairn
Do you think these are fitted by the dealer as part of the PDI, or do they come installed after leaving the factory?

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Audi Bairn
Do all FL A3 have these? My SE doesn't have them. Maybe it's just an S3 or SLINE thing?

Do you think these are fitted by the dealer as part of the PDI, or do they come installed after leaving the factory?
No idea but my dealer didn't think the S3 had them until I sent him through some screenshots some kind soul provided for me on here. He quickly changed and is getting it sorted.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
According to the specifications on the Audi website the S3 Sportback and Saloon don't get Audi Beam but the 3 door hatch does.

SPORTBACK

Sportback

3 DOOR HATCH

Hatch

Reactions: RSS-S3 and pburv
Mines a 3 Door FL manual, i havent got the Audi logo , just standard puddle lights, is it only S-tronics that got them??

Or is it worth popping into my local dealer to complain ..?

Mines a 3 Door FL manual, i havent got the Audi logo , just standard puddle lights, is it only S-tronics that got them??

Or is it worth popping into my local dealer to complain ..?

Mine is manual 3 door and has them. I wonder if they ran out of the Audi beam bulbs during a certain build week...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pburv
According to the specifications on the Audi website the S3 Sportback and Saloon don't get Audi Beam but the 3 door hatch does.

Thing is, on the A3/S3 Saloon Pricelist that Audi UK are still publishing on their website (and the only material that was available when I ordered my S3 Saloon, brochure wasn't ready at the time), it mentions that the S3 Saloon gets Audi Beam:

s3-saloon-beam.png

Reactions: pburv
i have just looked on the S3 config and they are now listing them as a £76 option

Just built an S3 Saloon on the configurator, and Beam isn't listed on the options list, nor is it listed on the standard spec.

Just seen this thread ..

I was intrigued to know what 'Audi Beam' is since I've never heard of it. Is it really just a means of projecting the Audi rings log onto the road when you open the car door at night, and if so .. what's the point?

I picked my s3 sportback up 21st December and it had them fitted on the front doors and standard puddle lights on the rear doors. The dealer made a point of saying they were there and fitted upon delivery.

As it goes my drivers side door has a small rattle and it seems to be coming from where the led light for the audi beam comes from!

Just seen this thread ..

I was intrigued to know what 'Audi Beam' is since I've never heard of it. Is it really just a means of projecting the Audi rings log onto the road when you open the car door at night, and if so .. what's the point?
Just looks nice :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Gordo77 and pburv
Just seen this thread ..

They are glorified puddle lights, I've had a few cars with puddle lights, I find them useful and have never stepped in a puddle since.......I like them but I guess it's a matter of taste.

Reactions: pburv and Audi Bairn
They might seem a bit unusual, glorified, a bit pointless, and even give off less light than a conventional bulb, but they still bring a smile to my face when I open the door at night. :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn, pburv and 1 other person
Everyone has there own opinion but I think it's a nice finishing touch, especially having just seen them in the flesh for the first time yesterday on mine.
What's the point of LED lighting inside, what's the point of sweeping indicators, etc etc......... they all look good.

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, azibux1 and 1 other person