Audi/BBS 19' Speedline Hubcentric Spacer Help!

RYN-LDN

Reaction score
Finally picked up the Speedlines from East London yesterday, spent all morning giving them a good clean but still had some tar spots on the inside of the wheel which I'll have to sort out with hopefully another product! Anyway I tried to fit them myself only to find the wheel nuts simply would not budge!

Clean+Speedline.JPG

Clean+Speedline+%25283%2529.JPG

I went to the local tyre yard and once they got the front wheel off, they fitted the Speedline only to find that it was in contact with the suspension arm!

Currently on the Standard S-Line Springs with S-Line 5 Spoke Alloys on 225/40/18.
Speedline wheels are: 19X8.5J - PCD 5x112 - ET48 - Centre Bore 57.1 - Tyres 255/35/19.

The guy at the garage told me to get some spacers so that I can clear the suspension arm but I am not sure which size I now need!

From my calculations, the following will bring the ET down:
10MM - ET38
12MM - ET36
15MM - ET33

Which is the safest bet for non rubbing of the arches, and clearance of the Suspension Arm & Calipers? I also wouldn't mind running a staggered offset with the rear larger than the fronts if that is possible.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
to be honest id start off with a 10mm spacer as those wheels are really wide, i have 8" wheels on mine with 15mm spacers on the front and they are ok but only because i have tyre streatch and because im sat really low, if you plan on keeping your s-line suspension on then just about any spacers will do

BigRich, my apologies! I had a typo lol.. The tyres are 19x8.5 and not the 19x9.5 as stated.. I have edited my post to correct it.

Would you still recommend the 10mm spacers?

yea you could still go for 10mm but cant understand why its catching, its only an extra .25 of an inch at both sides of the wheel (.5inch in total)which is about 6-7mm, my wheels are ET50 and didnt touch any components so you must be only just catching the suspension arm so any spacer from about 5mm onwards should do it, depends if you want your wheels to stick out more or if you purely want to just get your wheels on? if thats the case just get some 5mm spacers, that way you dont need hubcentric one which are more expensive

I have emailed to the guy who sold me the alloys and he said they came off a Audi A6 but he doesn't know anything more than that in terms of fitments.. Reading ASN & other forums, ppl who run 19's usually run tyres 235/35/19 so maybe that might be the problem as I am running 255/35?

I guess I'll have to do a trial fit and just buy some 15mm spacers;
JJC Audi 15mm Wheel Spacer Kit 5x100 and 5x112 Hubcentric A3 A4 A6 A8 S8 S6 | eBay

And hope that these clear the suspension arms and not rub against the fenders!

When they fitted the Speedline on the front passenger side, one of the guys said it's going to catch, but the other guy wanted to test it.. and once they got 2 bolts on, you could see where the wheel was catching the rubber. It's a shame they couldn't spin the wheel as I could have then decided on which spacer I would have needed.

They too recommended a 10mm spacer but even they said they wasn't sure so I had to pick ASN's members brains lol..

I have the same wheels on the front of my s-line avant Quattro, with the 9j et52 version on the rear.
The fronts work fine without spacers although I'm going to use a 5mm spacer, but I have 245/35-19 Avon tyres all round. Rears need a 10mm space.

Looking sweet fella! Nice blog by the way - feel your pain about the jack slipping! I guess you were using the standard one in the boot - I had the same problem.....now just need a good body shop to repair the digs!