Audi Badge removed (pics)

dannyh

Nogaro S3
Reaction score
Well I decided last night to completely de-badge my rear, I had removed the other badges but decided to remove the rings, however......

They have left a mark; I have tried polish, bug and tar remover, white spirit and T-cut to no avail. :sob:

The marks almost look like the lacquer is peeling around where the glue was,

I am sure there are other threads about this but I tried to search but it brought up everything lol

Anyone ideas how to remove this (possibly glue resin) or is this the lacquer and should I put the badge back?:uhm:

872942ab.jpg

d3a2a326.jpg

65602ee2.jpg

b8c64190.jpg

e3bb1963.jpg

97b3bbdd.jpg

That should come out with a DA and some polish.. Or by hand if you work at it for a while, but you'll some proper polish, rather than tcut etc..

That should come out with a DA and some polish.. Or by hand if you work at it for a while, but you'll some proper polish, rather than tcut etc..

sorry, what is a DA, and that polish wgould you recomend, i would be doing it by hand,

im convinced its the lacqure have you seen this before

that is more than likely caused by when the badge was fitted the paint was a little soft get a da on it it will have it looking like new in a jiffy ,also dont use t-cut there are far better products out there these days , a DA is a buffer btw not a rotary an random orbital buffer much safer to use if you dont use one often

Machine polishing will sort that. Alternatively try hand polishing it, you'll look like pop-eye by the time your finished!

i had a similar thing on my last car, but it had been painted with the badges on... i used so many difference polishes but had no joy.

I had the same issue and I tried using my DA with 3 different grades of compound but still I had no joy so in the end I re-placed the badge.......

A rotary would have probably did the job but I didn't think it was worth the hassle :shrug:

Why remove it in the first place. It is one of the most subtle car badges around. Are you ashamed of owning an Audi.

Why remove it in the first place. It is one of the most subtle car badges around. Are you ashamed of owning an Audi.

It's a personal thing I know but without badges that shape car could be any old school Kia or Hyundi or Mitsubishi or Ford or .... you name it.

BUT I am into removing some badges. From my '09 Cab. within minutes of its delivery the A3/2.01TFSI or whatever other rubbish that I have fogotten that was stuck in crome on the boot were removed. Nothing replaced the A3 and just an S-Line badge replaced the other stuff. No serious problems with residue or marks as used sticky badge removing spray. The only miniscule marks left were neatly hidden by the S-Line badge.
By the way I also promptly replaced the number plates and tax disc holder ( and a rear screen sticker if one had been fitted ) as they had the dealers name and logo on them. After all why the hell should I be a mobile advertisment for them

very suprised t cut has not removed it
thats what i have used on every one of my cars.
You need more elbow grease!

Only issue you will face is that once you polish the tailgate you will probably find yourself wanting to do the rest of the car as chances are the tailgate will stand out.... This is how you catch the bug

I had the same problem with mine. I used Meguiars clay bar, and that sorted it!

Funny enough I removed the badges from my baby blue A4 today to replace them with black badges. I was left with the outlines but a good going over with my DA and Meg's ultimate compound removed them quite easily but it wouldn't on my black A4 cabby. Strange that.......

Also, now that Ive removed all the rear badges I quite like the look so Im in two minds about putting the black badge on :unsure:

Last edited:
Put a brand new 'S3' badge on my S3 today. Tardis and a paint brush got the old badge off no probs, but I too was left with a dull area and badge outline.Menz S500 on a Lake Country cyan cutting pad polished it up a treat, looks as good as new now!

Funny enough I removed the badges from my baby blue A4 today to replace them with black badges. I was left with the outlines but a good going over with my DA and Meg's ultimate compound removed them quite easily but it wouldn't on my black A4 cabby. Strange that.......

Also, now that Ive removed all the rear badges I quite like the look so Im in two minds about putting the black badge on :unsure:

You may find the baby blue is a slightly softer paint than the black and so a bit easier to remove defects. Audi paint is supposed to be quite hard but there are always exceptions hence the often given advice to start with the lightest combination of polish first to see if that works.

To the OP, my approach would have been clay to remove anything proud of the surface and then a machine polish with a suitable polish. As is evident on here the guys up at PB are pretty helpful, and they have always given me good advice, so a call to them might help you out. If you have an Audi with particularly hard paint you may struggle by hand!!!!!!!! I thought I had encountered hard paint before having done a couple of mercs and a black golf, but my phantom black S3 blew them out the water, it's like granite!

Good luck

go for it m8 with megs clay bar kit, that should sort it