Audi B7 A4 rear brake upgrade to S4

cjsmidt

Reaction score
Hi this is my first post on forum and would appreciate any assistance.

I`ve searched for hours and cannot find that much information on s4 rear conversion.

I`m after a parts list for upgrading rear brakes on an Audi B7 A4 2.0 quattro to b7 S4 300mm specification.

I already have discs (300x22mm vented zimmermann), but would like to know and comfirm i have the correct parts for completing job
Carriers, 2 x 8E0615425B
Calipers, 8E0615424C Offside - 8E0615423C Nearside,
Dust shields, 4F0615612 Offside - 4F0615611 Nearside
and all other necessary parts

Also do some a4 special editions and DTM`s have the same setup on rear?

Thanks in advance

Hi wolcome :)

I have the A4 S Line Special Edition 2.0T and the rear discs on this model are 288mm. so not suite.
I am not sure about the DTM or quattro version of this as mine is standard FWD. THe quattro and dtm may be 300 on rear but really am not sure

As for parts list...if you go to a dealer they will print you out one of the exploded diagrams of all the parts needed for the rear brakes from an S4 and they should give you the part numbers also tko make things easier :)

I've just bought some rear s4 calipers and carriers and drilled discs. That's all you need. Also bought the braided brake hoses as we'll.

Aren't you upgrading the front?

What brand of discs did you buy for the rear? Were they 288 or 300?

What brand of discs did you buy for the rear? Were they 288 or 300?

I've gone for 300mm mtec which are apparently sh*t but for the price I'm willing to give them a shot. For the amount of time my car is full, which is never, I'm hoping they do the job. Also got the mtec ml55 amg 345mm for the brembo 6 pots on the front. They will definitely sort the men out from the boys lol!

Reactions: Rhysy_Baby and Av4nt
Av4nt - I Purchased a set of Zimmermann Bremsen cross drilled 345x30mm Fronts and 300x22mm vented Rears from Germany, now looking for a good set of pads. I`m suprised you can`t seem to get a brake diagram online.

Craigcull - Just researched the fronts and purchased some B8 S4 front calipers and carriers, i nearly went down the porsche/brembo front route but found some new s4/s5 b8`s on ebay.

Reactions: Craig Cull
That's cool then mate, thought u was just doing the rears for a second. Mite aswell rip the handbrake lol!

Cheers for help, any suggestions/ recommendations on pads?

No sorry mate i was after suggestions/ recommendations for fronts rather than rears as i`m hoping to do all in one go

After some help from ajax1976
Brake Caliper AUDI : 8E0615424C - TRW - Ref: BHT258E £86.66 + £60-00 surcharge
Brake Caliper AUDI : 8E0615423C - TRW - Ref: BHT257E £86.66 + £60-00 surcharge
Brake Carriers 8E0615425 £33-25

Last edited:
No sorry mate i was after suggestions/ recommendations for fronts rather than rears as i`m hoping to do all in one go

Ah sorry mate, I've got 6 pot Cayenne calipers up front with 345mm discs so didn't see the need for performance pads and discs so again I just went for Pagid discs and Mintex pads.

I bet you boys don`t forget to put on your seatbelt

Reactions: CraigRE
I don't forget to select full blown stage 3 map when I pull out my drive that's for sure! Haha! Best car I've had by any means. Ticks all the boxes. The bigger brakes will help aswell. Always found even as standard that it didn't have the best stopping power in the world. Worth an upgrade

Yeah they are pretty awesome stoppers, Superb power when required but nice progressive feel so not too aggressive at lower speeds. The S4 rears definitely helped balance and settle the car though especially at braking from high speeds.

Funny thing is my initial reason for me doing them was purely because my old rears looked tiny compared to my new fronts!!

Seemed stupid as well upgrading the front but not the rears and knew it would be a better and more matched overall set up, S4s were about the only reasonably priced rear upgrade I could find.

Hi this is my first post on forum and would appreciate any assistance.

I`ve searched for hours and cannot find that much information on s4 rear conversion.

I`m after a parts list for upgrading rear brakes on an Audi B7 A4 2.0 quattro to b7 S4 300mm specification.

I already have discs (300x22mm vented zimmermann), but would like to know and comfirm i have the correct parts for completing job
Carriers, 2 x 8E0615425B
Calipers, 8E0615424C Offside - 8E0615423C Nearside,
Dust shields, 4F0615612 Offside - 4F0615611 Nearside
and all other necessary parts

Also do some a4 special editions and DTM`s have the same setup on rear?

Thanks in advance

Just to confirm DTMs have 320 mm cross drilled ventilated disc on the front and solid 288 mm on the rear.

Were as s4 has 345 mm front and 300 mm vented on the rear.

After some help from ajax1976
Brake Caliper AUDI : 8E0615424C - TRW - Ref: BHT258E £86.66 + £60-00 surcharge
Brake Caliper AUDI : 8E0615423C - TRW - Ref: BHT257E £86.66 + £60-00 surcharge

Brake carrier link is Incorrect - Should be 8E0615425B