Audi B6 S4 Exhaust Woes.....Advice Needed

Mark Cleland

Reaction score
Hello all

Need some exhaust help. Got a rasp that is getting worse and worse, subsequent power loss.

Had the S4 on ramps and the front downpipe on passenger side is split, the driver side not far behind it ( between pre cat and car)

I cant find second hand downpipes for an auto, i believe there different from manual.

WIll any other down pipes do? same year RS4? B7 ?

Is there another viable option to replace them? AUdi want nosebleed money for each down pipe - minus all sensors.

ALso it looks like the car has the original exhaust so its over due a change and it looks like the rest of the box mid back is also pretty rotten.

The main question is - replacing downpipes and cats all the way back - whats the popular choice and approx price.....i keep reading about Miltek down pipes but what about MOT`s?

ANyone been in this position ?
Mark

Whereabouts is the split? Should be able to have it welded. My flexis were fubared and I ordered some generic ones off eBay for £20 and welded them in.
FYI I can get you a magnaflow catback for under a grand.

Reactions: Mark Cleland
The passenger side one is split and blowing where it changes from "down" to " alone" ie the elbow of the downpipe between both cats.....