Audi assistance advice

Raul_sbd

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My car an a3 8v tfsi MY15 with 13k on the clock has started to develop 2 noises that don't affect the car operating as normal but they are a bit of a concern in case could be something major.

The first one is when not in gear and depressing the clutch pedal, half way I listen a metal click that can be heard with the windows down and even from inside.
The second noise is the brakes, the car is making a very annoying and loud whistling noise on parking speeds that go away when i press the brakes.

My car is still on warranty until next year.

Do you think guys will be worthy for me giving a call to Audi Assist instead to book the appointment with the local dealers (that could take ages)? Will Audi assist come out even if my car is not breakdown and is parked at my home address?
Have any of you experienced any of those noises

Thanks in advance for any advice

Audi assist wont help you.

Book it in to a dealer. If it's not affecting how the car operates then what's the rush...?

Reactions: Raul_sbd
True but I though it could be something more serious and anyway via the Audi Road assistance will be checked first for the AA support and then go to the dealers straight away and be provided with a courtesy car while investigation..

Any of you can try please, start up the car and then press the clutch, then while depressing the clutch see if can be heard a metal click noise.. The other noise probably the breaks or calipers..

Has anyone tried, just wanted to check if the click noise depressing the clutch when stationary was normal.. it does it half way

Thanks again

My understanding is that the assist will only help if the car is broken down or if you get a warning on the car to not drive it.

If you call them and they attend someone who has broken down might be stuck at the side of the road.

Audi Assist are a way of jumping the list at the dealers, true. You will end up in a Europcar rental.

They will come out for any noise, then when they say it's fine book it in with Audi say are you sure the brakes will 110% be alright for the next month? Nobody will want to put their job on the line for what's at stake.

Audi Assist are a way of jumping the list at the dealers, true. You will end up in a Europcar rental.

They will come out for any noise, then when they say it's fine book it in with Audi say are you sure the brakes will 110% be alright for the next month? Nobody will want to put their job on the line for what's at stake.

You have to draw a line or they will eventually stop the required and very much needed service and you'll ruin it for everyone.

Please don't abuse it :(

Reactions: Andy F
You have to draw a line or they will eventually stop the required and very much needed service and you'll ruin it for everyone.

Please don't abuse it :(

Oh yeah without a doubt I’m not saying to everyone to do it, I’d hope people use their senses :lmfao:

But like my car with the steering clicking, it could have failed and that’s worthy of it.

Oh yeah without a doubt I’m not saying to everyone to do it, I’d hope people use their senses :lmfao:

But like my car with the steering clicking, it could have failed and that’s worthy of it.

Good man!

It costs Volkswagen £20 a day for an in house courtesy car, for rental ones it's upwards of £80 a day. If it's a silly rattle they can take 2 weeks to fix.

I will book with the dealers :) the whistle noise from the brakes at parking speeds worries me but also the mechanical click when depressing the clutch on stationary.. See what they come up with..

I will book with the dealers :) the whistle noise from the brakes at parking speeds worries me but also the mechanical click when depressing the clutch on stationary.. See what they come up with..

You can always pop it in and say you are about to call assistance and I’m sure they will spend 2 minutes listening to see if it’s of concern.

Good man!

It costs Volkswagen £20 a day for an in house courtesy car, for rental ones it's upwards of £80 a day. If it's a silly rattle they can take 2 weeks to fix.
Wow £80 a day! I thought VAG would have had good deals.

The sound from the gearbox could be the “thrust bearing” and you might just need the brakes services, copper slip grease on rear of the pads.

The sound from the gearbox could be the “thrust bearing” and you might just need the brakes services, copper slip grease on rear of the pads.

Oh dear... Well the car is booked with the dealers in Manchester the 6th of November. I have to say that car drives ok but that mechanical click wasn't there before, when i bought the car was only 110 miles and a demo car, I never launched the car (is only a 1.2) and never ever abused of the clutch.. with only 13k on the clock is very annoying :( Hopefully that will be take it as a warranty work (still under warranty until June 2018)

The one of the break I hope the grease or a service on the brakes will take care of it.. It was just 2 months ago on its full service + inspection and even I pointed them out the issue they could not hear the whistle noise (only does when sit for a while or overnight and tbh is quite embarrassing)

If you are genuinely concerned there is an issue or that driving the car is making it worse then I think it’s reasonable to call Audi Assit, 6th November is a long way away.

Reactions: AudiNutta
If you are genuinely concerned there is an issue or that driving the car is making it worse then I think it’s reasonable to call Audi Assit, 6th November is a long way away.

Thing is that the click only can be heard when the car is in stationary and not in gear, then press the clutch and when depressing half way makes the click (like a metal click). The noise of the brakes i been living with it for a while but.. doesnt look good on a so called premium car driving it on the work place carpark whistling like if it was a 25 y.o car.. :(

I also occasionally get that click from the clutch pedal and find that if I press the clutch down quicker than normal when stationary it fixes it. It feels to me as if it is a spring or mechanism that is not quite sitting properly. Keep meaning to get down and look but once the noise goes I forget about it.

The car is now at Audi , they cleaned all the brakes and grease them. The clutch they are taking it apart and investigating. So they want to have the car longer.

Lets see what happens tomorrow when the manager calls back..

An update to this.. after nearly a week my car still at the Audi workshop. They took out the gearbox and replace the clutch release bearings after that they have reassembled but still the click noise there on releasing the clutch pedal. The manager called me saying that the gearbox had to come off again and more investigation/tests performed on my car to get to the reason of this click metallic noise.

I have been driving their courtesy car now for nearly a week. A nice 67 reg 2.0 tdi, with a few extras as B&O and heated seats (really nice that last one).

Hopefully they can get resolved soon.. and can enjoy again my A3.

Reactions: richinsoton
Another update on my car.. has become a bit of a nightmare.. After 2 weeks still with Audi do diagnose my car. The metallic noise when depressing the clutch was the nightmare. They changed all the clutch bearings and had not resolved the issue also checked the clutch itself and seems to be in good condition (my car is only at 14k atm)

I had already 2 courtesy cars.. the 67 plate 2.0 tdi and from Saturday that car had an amber light appearing so they did change me to a Q2 tfsi 67 plate.

Audi has warranted now a gearbox replacement on my car under warranty. Hopefully that will be the end of it and by the end of the week or early next week I have back my Tfsi A3.

Fingers crossed.

I hope this fix will be the end of your problems and everything will be alright for the future.

Was probably worth an Audi assist call if it is a gearbox failure!
This is what i though when they told me last week the gearbox need it to be replaced under warranty.

Anyways Gearbox suppose to arrive yesterday and maybe ready today or early next week... its been now 3 weeks, I had an A3 and now a Q2 courtesy cars..

Reactions: The Kendragon