1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi Alldata

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by MateloT, Dec 14, 2004.

1. MateloT

MateloT Member

Anyone used this before? any good? whats it for/do?
  2. Broadmarsh

Broadmarsh Member

I thought so to! But what is ekta?
  3. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

I would be very interested in a copy of EKTA that covered the new A3 - how or where can I get hold of a copy ?

4. Broadmarsh

Broadmarsh Member

David Robinson, Calibos,

Did some research (Google of course) and found it is not called EKTA, but ETKA. I understand the best way to obtain it is to use a peer to peer file sharing client called emule. It supersedes edonkey...no kidding! I understand you have to pay for it! I see it can be cracked!

Peter
  5. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

its on emule
    Mine covers the new A3 also up to 2005 model...
  6. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

Hi 911SC

Exactly what do we have to do to access a copy using emule. I have done a search on the internet and found several references to emule but not sure which is the one I need or what I have to do.

Thanks
  7. MateloT

MateloT Member

i'm grabbing etka 6.02 for audi now. if anyone wants it PM me, I can put it on an ftp for you, altho it is freely available on emule.
  8. foolish3uk

foolish3uk Member

what is the point it is updated every month with supersessions and no longer aviliable parts, the coppies availiable on the net are normally about one yer out of date!
  9. yak

yak Member

If it covers new A3, I'd gladly take one with ftp, PM me details MateloT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

- Yak
  10. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

It is very useful to have this available and I dont know why Audi dont put it on the web.
    I have often had to take in the diags of parts I need ( and even sometimes show the parts guys int he dealership how to use it!!!).
    I dont bother updating it, I have a copy that covers both my cars so that is all I need.

Try Http://emule-project.net
  11. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

and P.s, you would say that foolish ...cos you are an official audi type chappie!...;-)
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  12. foolish3uk

foolish3uk Member

personally i don't give a cr@p, just pointing that fact out! i brought a etka cd ages ago only to realise that fact.
  13. moogie

moogie Member

Found the 6.02 version on the emule network, and already downloading /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Anyone know if it covers the new Sportback as well?
  14. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

no, i dont think it does...
  15. moogie

moogie Member

Hmm. Well, it seems that newer versions are also already available, so I'll give them a try..
  16. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

I have download what was listed as an .iso file of EKTA but it has saved it to my hard disk as 002.part. I have tried renaming this file to a .iso file and writing it to a CD. When I try to read the CD I have just created it says its a format not compatible with windows. What am I do wrong ? Can anyone help. Thanks
  17. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

It needs to complete and then it copies it as an iso image to the downloads directory. Any part files are internal to emule and used as temp storage.
    It may take a couple of days even for the final parts to become available.
  18. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I'll try and be more patent.
  19. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

I've now got a completed download .iso file and have copied this to a CD. Windows will now read this CD and I have copied all the files to a directory on my hard disk.

Any ideas how I get the application to actually run. I have found several .exe files but double-clicking them does not seem to do very much.

If anyone can help I would be mose grateful. If you would prefer to email me direct my email address is h5djr@ntlworld.com.

Many thanks

20. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

Hi, me again

I have sorted out the problem and have ETKA v6.2 up and running. The program was checking for the correct screen resolution (must be at least 1280 x 1024) and my screen was set lower. Changed the resolution and all is well.

It covers the new A3 but not the Sportback.
  21. moogie

moogie Member

Good news for Sportback owners - Sportback is covered starting from version 6.31, with update 512 an newer. Could even be with an earlier update version already, but I cannot verify that.
  22. dunk

dunk Member

so do you have an image or source for 6.31 with update 512?
  23. moogie

moogie Member

I have the ed2k link, PM me if you cant find the package using the search function. The image is unfortunately too large for me to host for download directly.
  24. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

I have now downloaded and installed ETKA 6.31-484. I have also downloaded an RAR file of the update to 524. The RAR extract asks for a password. Does anyone have any idea what this password may be.
  25. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

I have now downloaded and installed a copy of ETKA 6.31 revision 512 and it does cover the A3 2005 models and the A3 Sportback. I have tried to update it to revision 524 using a file downloaded via emule but with no success. The update file copies all the files to my hard drive OK but then comes up with an error 'Missing parameter 1'. I've no idea what parameter it's looking for so I'll stick with revision 512 at the moment.

The is also a version of ETKA (not sure which revision) available on a Russian web-site. Once your passed the initial screens the actual ETKA is all in English so you don't have to learn Russian to use it.

The URL is http://www.elcats.ru/audi/#10

26. spiider

spiider Member

[ QUOTE ]
    David Robinson said:
    I have now downloaded and installed a copy of ETKA 6.31 revision 512 and it does cover the A3 2005 models and the A3 Sportback. I have tried to update it to revision 524 using a file downloaded via emule but with no success. The update file copies all the files to my hard drive OK but then comes up with an error 'Missing parameter 1'. I've no idea what parameter it's looking for so I'll stick with revision 512 at the moment.

The is also a version of ETKA (not sure which revision) available on a Russian web-site. Once your passed the initial screens the actual ETKA is all in English so you don't have to learn Russian to use it.

The URL is http://www.elcats.ru/audi/#10

[/ QUOTE ]

tell us where to click.. it's all in russian... impossible to find the download ! even with babelfish
  27. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

For access to this particular copy of ETKA you do not download it but use it on the site. Once your are past the first menus, which are in Russian, all the rest is in English.

When you first enter the site it should go automatically to the A3/S3/Sportback/quattro page with a list of years below. Click on the appropriate year, say 2005, and you go to another menu in Russian. It gives 9 bullet point items. These are the standard menu items for ETKA and in English are:

1. Engine, Clutch

2. Gastank and Pipelines, Exhaust systems, Heater

3. Transmission

4. Front Axle, Differential, Steering

5. Rear Axle

6. Wheels, Brakes

7. Hand and Foot Levers, Safety-covers

8. Body

9. Electrical systems

Select the appropriate heading and it takes you to an English menu. Again choose the appropriate item and you go to a page with the left hand side showing an illustration and the right-hand side show a description and the part numbers for the appropriate model/engine type etc. It's not quite so easy to navigate as the full ETKA because all the navigation buttons at the top of the normal ETKA screen are missing. But it does work at any resolution and does not need to be installed and tweaked to get it to work. It also gives no idea of which revision of ETKA it is.

Hope this helps. By all means ask more if you need to.