Audi Affordable Servicing - Clutch............Good Price?

jaygeezer871

Reaction score
Clutch (non quattro) £599
Clutch (quattro) £799
* Privately owned Audi vehicles over 36 months old from date of registration. Up to and including 2.0 litre engines for A2, A3, A4, A6 and TT. Prices subject to change without notice. Prices include VAT at 17.5% and parts and labour. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Excludes Channel Islands.

The above is a direct lift from there website.
I seem to remember when i made enquiries last winter with Audi and local indies i was getting quotes of of over £800 on my 2.0 TDI 170 non quattro.
Ive nursed it through but it will need doing soon so this looks a good deal, your thoughts???
Im also fully aware that the dual mass flywheel may need replacing as well!?!

that seems a bit steep for a non quattro especially if the DMFW is not included. ( maybe i am just cheap !!!)

your def not cheap your like me not stupid! i bought a genuine clutch kit for £145 and fitted for £182.00, i laughed when the audi guy showed me the price above!

my none audi extended warranty just covered a new flywheel and labour at £900, i paid £147.00 for a new audi clutch and because u have to take the clutch of anyway to change flywheel i had no labour cost! im over moon!

Jey, i have considered getting a warranty, did you purchase it yourself or did it come with the car, who is it with?
Would i be right in saying that it does not cover wear and tear, so how did you get them to cover the replacement of the flywheel, its not the sort of thing that breaks is it?

Im not sure of the work involved with a clutch replacement, does the front end of the car have to come off, bumper, grill etc to separate the gearbox from the engine, what sort of labour time should i expect a garage to qoute me for?
From what im reading above is about £400 inc of parts, labour and vat about right for just the clutch, how much is the flywheel if needed?

i took the warranty out threw audi when my audi warranty expired, they offered lumley warranty which is now under global insurence. £400 for a year or £900 3 yrs..

does not cover wear an tear unless somethin caused the wear an tear! a flywheel would become slack, mine was over slack for milage..

the transmission needs dropped out, (your gearbox) bell housing removed to expose clutch and flywheel.

labour is would be 8hrs. was quoted £160+vat for clutch fitting but since flywheel needed changed and to get at it clutch needs to come of so i wasnt charged any extra as warranty covered all labour anyway..

a genuine audi clutch sale price would be around £300, trade price £197.00 then at place i got mine u take old clutch back and get £47 back. a genuine fly wheel trade price is near £600! dono sale price.

i heard of flywheels being diagnosed as fine but failing short after clutch change! its a chance to take!

do you reckon that audi price for a front wheel drive includes the dual mass flywheel????
mine is starting to slip now on occasions, also the car doesnt seem to have the power it used to now. clutch bite is just an inch from the top of the peddle action.
Maybe I would get a R8 for a loan car thrown in that would be worth it!

def doesnt include a flywheel!