Audi Advant 2.5 Tdi S line * First Audi*

Jock-W

Reaction score
Alright folks just bought my first audi, a 54 plate advant s line tdi. Pretty chuffed, its fully loaded with sat nav,leathers etc ect. Just had a right look over it,seems pretty clean inside and out. Any bits and particular is should look for on this model? Good and bad.

Its done 130k but has just had a Timing belt, Water pump, Air con belt, Power steering fluid and 2 new tyres so should be all good for a while . . . . . . I hope!

Only niggles on the exterior apart from a couple wee scratchs and a sticky bonnet catch. Guessing it will just need a bit of wd-40. Other thing that i definetly want to sort is the Left hand fog light, the lens is cracked and so is the surrounding grill mesh. Have seen fog lights on ebay and another from eurocarparts.com,obviously not Audi parts but anybody on here ever bought them and know if theres much difference between them?

Also any info on where to get the surrounding grill aswell apart from audi?

Any info on any of the above would be much appreciated, Thanks in advance!

​Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Scottish meet section in link below. :) x

Scotland

Hi and welcome to the site, you'll find this place and it's users a wealth of knowledge, and there's quite a few of us 2.5 TDi owners on here you'll be pleased to know. Seems like you got a good motor there mate, you should get some pics up, especially as its a late genuine s line model, don't see many of them about! oh and before anyone else mentions it, it's avant not advant! ;) my dad calls them the same thing and no matter how many times I correct him he still calls them that, haha! :)

What a fanny, can't believe i just spelt it advant! I checked that post over before i sent it too. I'm always telling my brother its avant!! Thinking about getting it mapped but not going to get the chance to drive it for another 6 weeks so will need to see how it is standard first! Going to sort all the exterior niggles first,i'm a bit OCD when it comes to my bikes and cars. Can't deal with looking at these broken bits haha.

Jock-W, not wanting to burst your bubble, but if you want to save yourself being corrected a fair bit: probably best to refer to it as a 2.5TDI Sport... the only B6 that Audi ever put S-Line badges and S-Line door-sills on was the 1.8T...

If you've got the 180PS quattro, then they're cracking motors: I had several great years with mine and I good friend bought mine off me and is enjoying it just as much... mine was also masquerading as an S-Line: when Fontain put the Sport (S-Line) body kit on it they also stuck on the S-Line badges, but I wouldn't stump up the £350 a side for the S-Line embossed door sills, so I never got those to complete the S-Line look... plus I had B6 18" S4 alloys, not the B6 S-Line ones.

If yours has S-Line badges, just make sure your insurance doesn't have "extra badges" as an optional extra that you haven't declared, otherwise they can use it to invalidate your insurance as technically you're a higher risk profile.

OCD is this forum all over...no disrespect to anyone! I popped the coat hanger flap off the spring in the rear door trim months ago and even though I never see the hole, as it's drivers side, I can't forget about it! I will fix it one day....

Ah ok. They were never factory made then,so somebody has put an S line kit and badges on it. So the full leathers,sat nav and other gizmos are factory extras when the car was new? Just noticed one of the electric seat adjuster switchs on the passenger side is missing! See sets of them on ebay to but from china!? they say 2008 onwards but look much the same!! Can't find them anywhere else online, take it I will have to go visit a audi dealer to order them? Any body got info on the grills and fogs?

Welcome to the forum.

All Sport models were fitted with the 'S-Line style' bodykit from late 2003 onwards, the correct name for these bumpers is the GmbH kit. You're car will have left the factory like it rather than been retrofitted I'm sure. If you've S-Line badges then they will have been added.

Have a look at the sticky thread titles "Bumper Options" to learn lots of inane trivia you never knew you needed to know.

Jock-W, not wanting to burst your bubble, but if you want to save yourself being corrected a fair bit: probably best to refer to it as a 2.5TDI Sport... the only B6 that Audi ever put S-Line badges and S-Line door-sills on was the 1.8T...

I did wonder that but wasn't 100% sure so kept quiet!

It was only the early B6 2.5's that had the chocolate cams though, the fact that he has a late B6 2.5 should mean that he has the revised stronger cams so 'shouldn't' be an issue. That's obviously not saying they won't be as I'm sure the cams would still wear quicker on a longlife service schedule, but the later spec cams are better.