1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A6

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by a4singh, Oct 8, 2006.

1. a4singh

a4singh Member

Hi,

I've got an Audi A6, and have just put an after market head unit (kenwood) in and the rear speakers are not working...

I've used the wiring loom to connect them up, but they are still not wokring, something about connecting the remote wire up somewhere.

Does anybody know how to sort this?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
  2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The rear speakers are amped seperately so you either need to use the correct wiring adapter to take the rear RCA's of the new HU into the mini-ISO connector on the Audi loom, or a far better solution is to just rewire the rear speaker outputs of the new HU directly to the rear speakers.
    The Audi amp is a puny 2 x 20w affair so will be drowned out by the fronts and is also likely to "pop" when turning the new HU on/off and possibly when changing CD tracks so rewiring is strongly recommended for a balanced interference free result.
  3. a4singh

a4singh Member

Hi,

Any idea how to rewire them? Would i just run new wire to the rear speakers or is there a way to use the existing wire? I thought about running new wire to the back, but its difficult as the speakers are in the doors.....

Thanks.
  4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You can use the existing wire to the doors but not the wiring to the HU. If you can locate the rear amp in the boot then you run new speaker cable from the HU to the boot and then splice it to the speaker cable from the amp (after disconnecting it from the amp obviously). Sorry don't know where the amp is located in the A6.