Audi A6 media interface

chris.doc85

Reaction score
Hi,

Was an a4 b7 owner but looking to upgrade to an A6 C6. Love the lemans but I'm looking at a few and noticing the media interface varies on them.

Can someone advise what the difference is? The pics below show the 2 different types I've notice and want to know what I would be missing out on.

Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 197
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 197
You need to look at differences in the Screens. The one on with the Red screen is mmi basic, the other screen option is MMI High which will have a larger colour screen. Personally I would look for a car with MMI High, as you have better on screen mapping, and can have options like TV, AMI & DAB

You need to look at differences in the Screens. The one on with the Red screen is mmi basic, the other screen option is MMI High which will have a larger colour screen. Personally I would look for a car with MMI High, as you have better on screen mapping, and can have options like TV, AMI & DAB

So the interface pics I uploaded, the one with the (name, tel, car & setup) buttons missing will likely be the MMI basic and therefore not have the Bluetooth connectivity?

TV option would be ideal, seen that you can get the headrests upgraded to have screens for the kids! On that note for the TV, dab function does this require any upgrades to enable it if I were to get MMI high??

Just because the buttons are on the control panel it does not mean you have the option, You can get MMI high without nav & telephone (Just the Radio) as everything was an option on the A6.

You have note the MMI on the A6 is a complex system, which communicates via a fiber optic network, it not only runs the radio,cd & telephone etc, but it also allows you to control some of the cars systems so it cannot be ripped out and replaced with an aftermarket system. Also there are very limited aftermarket options that work with the MMI and all cost £££ just for the hardware alone and expect another 3 figure number again for installation.

Very little on the MMI can be enable via software only mods, If you want to add kit to the MMI then here are approximate ebay prices I've seen over the last year

AMI £300
DAB £200
TV £800
Navigation £300
Bluetooth £350

Reactions: RoyC
Just because the buttons are on the control panel it does not mean you have the option, You can get MMI high without nav & telephone (Just the Radio) as everything was an option on the A6.

You have note the MMI on the A6 is a complex system, which communicates via a fiber optic network, it not only runs the radio,cd & telephone etc, but it also allows you to control some of the cars systems so it cannot be ripped out and replaced with an aftermarket system. Also there are very limited aftermarket options that work with the MMI and all cost £££ just for the hardware alone and expect another 3 figure number again for installation.

Very little on the MMI can be enable via software only mods, If you want to add kit to the MMI then here are approximate ebay prices I've seen over the last year

AMI £300
DAB £200
TV £800
Navigation £300
Bluetooth £350

Took your advice, got a model with MMI high, was a bit gutted that once phone was connected it didn't allow media streaming but have been pricing up tune2air for the glove box input.

Can you give advice on upgrading for DAB and freeview TV?

For DAB you need a retrofit kit like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-Q7-A...013903?hash=item27f5d3a94f:g:~gMAAOSwnDZT5ohb but I would use an OEM antenna not the stick on glass one that comes with that kit.

Here is a kit you can buy from kufatec for TV on MMI 2G, however unless you have reversing camera, you will need a new control head https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/audi/a6/a6-4f/tv-receiver-retrofit-audi-a6-4f-mmi-2g (that price of £700 is for the useless analogue tuner, add and extra £500 for the digital) If you know what your looking for then you could save a good few quid buying the bits from ebay, and just getting the harness from kufatec.

Yes a fair bit or work required, harnesses (both power & fakra AV) camera module, control module, MMI control head with fakra connector, the car will then require coding, using VCDS or a trip to the dealers. Also with fitting a replacement control head it will require a dealer visit to remove component protection from the control head. You should also have the system calibrated which again is dealer only, but will work without it.

I, like Ali, went for the easier option of a screen that doubles up as a rear view mirror.
I fitted the camera that replaces the one number plate light, I didn't like the number plate light effect, so today I changer the tailgate latch handle for one with a camera in it.
I then fitted OEM LED number plate lights.
I am very happy with the results.

Changed this.
Saa zpsui10vacw 2

For this.
A4cam 1 2

Then fitted these.
VAG 4H09430214H0943022

This is the monitor used.
D10008 3

Attachments

• saa_zpsui10vacw.jpg
    saa_zpsui10vacw.jpg