Audi a6 c6 2005 connect rca converter

Agniusss

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello

Can someone please tell me how to connect Sub to my original a6 2005 red car radio. I think to connect with RCA converter but I am not sure where to find speaker cables in my trunk because i haven't seen amp. Can someone tell me location of amplifier or how to remove car radio? Or any other suggestions? Please help!

Thanks in advance

Have a look in the left hand side compartment in the boot

From quick look i havent seen. Can it be? Becouse i have just front speakers.

As far as I am aware that is why, as you have the 'basic' setup, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

for you second question regarding removing the radio you need a couple of audi stereo removal keys which can be bought from eBay for 99pence of halfords for £2.99 - £4.99

No. Not in the left or right. I bought a car few days ago. Sou itis how itis. Can you post some link or pictures how to remove radio? Will i be able to connect without rca converter then? Thanks STEWD

And can you please tell me whats the name of that radio? I mean like example chorus, symphony.

AccessDeniedAccess Denied625AAF5B51105EA7RchML9PjdrkIbpI3Lvrpq1wDSggaF+OU8kWEURpaksSKDdETsiVUx0EPVaF3XzED

You will need the first part of the guide to start removing the dash so you can pull the screen out etc...

Shall have a look on my laptop when I get home (probably be tomorrow morning)

If it is an A6 C6 as stated with MMI basic which is why he can't find the amp (it's behind the boot trim on the left so you would need to remove the boot trim to find it) then the radio is NOT in the dash, but it is in the glovebox, no dash trim is required to remove the radio/cd module. But as the C6 is fiber optic it's a bit pointless.

The best place to tap the sub would be the amp in the boot.

Last edited:
There is no amp in back. Cd changer pin layout does someone know?

Last edited:
IMG 0553IMG 0554IMG 0556IMG 0557IMG 0558IMG 0560IMG 0561IMG 0562

Attachments

• IMG_0555.jpg
    IMG_0555.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 855
Last edited:
Thanks I found.
[h=1]Connectors for front information display and operating unit control unit -J523- (MMI basic/basic plus)[/h][h=3]Note[/h]
  • Contacts which are not listed are not used.

[h=3]Connectors[/h]
A91-10569.png

• Connection block with four multi-pin connectors and one fuse for unit
  • MOST bus
  • Connection ZF (intermediate frequency), yellow, to aerial amplifier -R24-
  • Connection HF (high frequency), white, from aerial amplifier -R24-

[h=3]A - Multi-pin connector, 8-pin, brown (T8g)[/h]
A91-0947.png

• Wake UP to multimedia system operating unit -E380-
  • Loudspeaker, front right (+) MMI basic
  • Loudspeaker, front left (+) MMI basic
  • Res HU to multimedia system operating unit -E380-
  • Res BT to multimedia system operating unit -E380-
  • Loudspeaker, front right (–) MMI basic
  • Loudspeaker, front left (–) MMI basic
  • Earth to display unit for front information display and operating unit control unit -J685-

[h=3]B - Multi-pin connector, 12-pin, black (T12p)[/h]
A91-0947.png

• Data to multimedia system operating unit -E380-
  • Data (+) to display unit for front information display and operating unit control unit -J685-
  • Data (–) to display unit for front information display and operating unit control unit -J685-
  • Data from multimedia system operating unit -E380-

[h=3]C - Multi-pin connector, 12-pin, black (T12q)[/h]
A91-0947.png

• Data (–) from display unit for front information display and operating unit control unit -J685-
  • Earth to multimedia system operating unit -E380-
  • Data (+) from display unit for front information display and operating unit control unit -J685-

[h=3]D - Multi-pin connector, 8-pin, black (T8h)[/h]
A91-0947.png

• NF mute (low frequency) from pre-fitted components for mobile phone installation (MMI basic plus)
  • Terminal 31
  • Voltage supply to display unit for front information display and operating unit control unit -J685-
  • Open circuit diagnostic lead
  • Terminal 30
  • Voltage supply to multimedia system operating unit -E380-

[h=3]E - MOST bus[/h]
A91-0852.png

• Input
  • Output

:arco::kissmyrings:

OK, you have the very basic of basic, something we don't see in the UK, so maybe for the Irish market and not imported to the UK. Which is why you cannot find an amp in the boot and you have speaker wires at the head unit end.

Its imported from North of Ireland :D and yes I know that Irish market is .... ;)

Thanks