Audi A6 C5 Single to Double DIN Conversion

flippantdj

Reaction score
Hey Audi Fam!
Im new to this forum, so I would like to say hi to you all. I have a few questions about converting your audio from single DIN to double DIN. I know there is a fair bit of info out there, but a lot of it seems American, totally different or contradictory.
I have a 2001 Audi A6 Avant with a single DIN Concert II radio. I recently bough a Navigation Plus 4B0035192K double din Sat Nav unit from a chap who has the same age Audi A6 as me so hopefully it will be compatible (no wires or antenna though). I realise I need a double din cage but need clarification on a couple of other issues:
Will I need an additional wireing harness or will it just plug in and play?
Will my Climate Control still fit or can it be modified to fit once the double din unit is in - or will I need a double DIN one?
Will I need a double DIN type ashtray also?
Will I need to change the panel above my stereo i.e Cup Holder, ESP and Hazards.
I realise you have to take the panel under the steering wheel and glove box off - is this to so you can remove the single DIN cage?
Any help/advice/things to watch out for - at all you can give me would be great. If you have any links to share with a walk through guide that would be amazing. I realise this isn't going to be an easy job, but I want all the pieces in place before I dismantle my beloved car!

Hi guys! Just installed double din cage in to my A6 C5. And I get problem with wiring.
I need wiring diagram or even pictures is will be good for upgrading from concert 1 to RNS-D nav plus.
Is the anyone can help me with this?
Many many thanks!

Just go to the kufatec.de website and look for the right adaptor...They do the wiring for audi so they are as good as the originals !