audi a6 avant. problem with navigation system

darcar

Reaction score
Hi all, is there anyone out there with advice on audi navigation mmi.

The dvd player is in the nearside rear in recess of luggage area, the red power light is on the system but nothing happens when pressed, i don.t know if there is a navigation dvd in there, and i have another correct navigation dvd to use but that won't go in the dvd slot. when i switch on the system in the car, info states, "Navigation is not active", but i inputted my address from out of town, and it guided me home, so not sure what to do next, help.

darcar

Hi darcar,

Hmmmm..... sounds familiar. I'm guessing you have a C6 chassis A6 avant - if so, I am led to understand the eject button on the Navigation Unit was disabled when your car left the factory so that the Navigation DVD could not be removed whilst the car was on it's way to the dealer. The eject button was supposed to be enabled by the dealer at pre-delivery to customer, however most weren't (If it's any consolation, I have an A6 avant and mine was also disabled! pfff!) Someone close by with VAGCOM can unlock the Navigation unit for you very quickly (If you're near south-east wales, I can help as I have VAGCOM!)

Cheers,
d

Hi delirious.

Thankyou for that info, i'm having it serviced in january, i will get them to unlock the cd,

Cheers
darcar