Audi A6 - alarm light on door flashing rapidly

Flat 6

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had a recent problem with my A6 when the join in the pipe taking screenwash to the rear screen separated in the drivers footwell and flooded the floor. I realise that there is a box with an ecu in it in the drivers footwell which I don't think got wet inside (although I haven't opened it to look).

Anyway, I don't know if it's linked or not but the alarm light on the driver and passenger doors is flashing repeatedly. I think it used to flash repeatedly for c.30 seconds after the alarm is set using the key fob and it then settled down into a much slower flash every few seconds. It's now flashing repeatedly fast all of the time. There is no other problem evident, car opens and locks fine, windows work as they should etc and the battery isn't running down or anything so it's not really a problem - it's just that I don't think it should be doing this and I wonder if it's something to be concerned about?

Anyone got any insights on this?

Cheers,

Allen

Hi there,

Don't know where you are or if you have a LHD, but pipe on (Avant) A6 runs on the passenger side as does the Convenience Module (CM). Mine popped off with the big freeze and filled the black platic box, which holds the CM and gave me all sorts of electrical issues, electric windows going down when unlocking car, interior lights flashing on and off, central locking to all doors popping up and down etc..

However, someone had the alarm issue you describe and it turned out his Mrs had used the car and hadn't closed the tailgate properly.

So, could be the tailgate or one of the doors?? You will need to pull back the carpet to get the CM out and see if there is water present, if so, it needs to be dried out and all contacts cleaned and checked...

Let us know how it works out.

It was a bit damp in there. All dried out with a hairdryer but no change in the flashing alarm lights on the doors?