1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A6 1.8T Engine Missfire and current not reaching to one coil

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by pakstar, Apr 3, 2009.

1. pakstar

pakstar New Member

[Apr 3, 2009]
    Hi.. My car was working fine until i switched off and turn on after 5 mins today and it started missfiring itself. NOw engine vibrates whole car . I took streight to local garage.. they told me that three coils are passing current but one coil has no spark at all. they replaced the faulty coil with working one..but still no joy..

now he realized that the cable attached to one coil does not carring current properly as rest of wires have current and it seems that car is running on three cylenders they reckon that its ECU mabye not working properly as all coils are controlled by ECU?

the mechanic then checked the crankshaft senser also and he told me that crankshaft sensor is fine.. the only problem is that he cannot get to know why one wire is not having current to pass to coil as and so plug is not working for combustion. he said maybe problem is with ECU ...

any advise.. what could be the problem? or any garage in Reading, berkshire i can bring the car in as i cannot afford to go to Audi .. thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. pakstar

pakstar New Member

[Apr 3, 2009]