Audi A5 - coolant Still Leaking after Main Dealer replaced Pipe

Nick Lewis

Reaction score
Hi - I recently had my Audi A5 3Litre Quattro s-line serviced recently, I asked them to look at the Coolant system as my Radiator fluid kept going down - After two hours of inspection they found a pipe leaking at the bottom of the engine - had it replaced at a cost of £1,000.
A week later after only doing local journeys the coolant warning light came back on and the coolant reservoir was empty again. Took it back into Audi again - after another inspection the found a secondary leak coming from a bolt at the back agh the engine - they said they could not get a scope camera in to find where it was coming from but there head technician said he suspects a crack in the head!! - The car only has 68,000 on the clock 2011 plate! - they told me to inspect it fully they needed to take the engine out/apart - apparently 15 hours labour - plus put it back again and if there suspicions right maybe a new head - cost £5/6000 - you can guess i was in total shock as the car is only 6 years old and had been looked after and serviced fully with Audi - They even had the cheek to charge me again for further inspections - needless to say i am left with a car i can afford to fix - plus apparently i cant even trade the car in as its against the law knowing a fault.
Im currently trying to get something sorted with Audi uk.
But is there anyone that can help with any advice in what I can do?.
Thanks Nick

You can I believe trade your car into a garage with a fault as I did with my previous car but the garage were sending it to auction any way .
I think if you tell them then that should be ok but have it written in the sales documents , and they will possibly not give you full money for it .
I would write to Audi and say you are not happy with the car needing all this work and see if they will pay some of it especially as it has full Audi service history .

With full service history Audi HAVE to deal with it, with such low mileage as well. Do not give in to them, you have done everything that Audi recommends so this fault should never have occured. I'd expect that you should have the money for the secondary inspection as well.