1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A4 roof problem....HELP!!

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Breeze, May 10, 2011.

1. Breeze

Breeze New Member

Hi, can anybody help. I have an Audi A4 cabriolet 1.8T 2003. When trying to open the roof recently it suddenly stopped half way just as the boot lid had opened about an inch. I had to manually close the roof and I now cannot open the boot unless I use the key and the automatic roof switch won;t work at all. I closed the roof securely with the key that is supplied but the dash is flashing that the roof isn't secured. My mechanic reset the fault light but as soon as I started to drive it came straight back on. Any ideas?
  2. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

did you use the roof key in the back seat aswell to lock it there ?
    you need to open it manually all the way then close it manually
    to reset it
    or scan it on vcds to find the fault
  3. bowen

bowen Member

this happened to me, it got stuck half way. I used the key to securly lock it as bez, has already said and no further problems e.g light on the dash

I dont know if there is a cabrio trouble shooting thread?
  4. Breeze

Breeze New Member

Thanks Bez & Bowen....I didn't open it fully I just closed it from the open position it was stuck in to get it home. I might try opening & closing it manually & see does that work. Thanks a million
  5. bowen

bowen Member

Damn now i have a roof problem.

I go to open roof, gets half way but the roof storage lid thing didnt open? So i went to do it manually, as i have before. But when the roof is stored, the lid wont close? as if the roof is actually stopping it?!

At the moment the roof is up, but when i start the car the roof light comes up on the dash flashes a few times then disappears.
  6. davidfox280585

davidfox280585 Member

roof switch position sensor come adrift from its locator peg sounds to me located on the rh ram