1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A4 interior door handle not working

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by slamdunc, Feb 14, 2014.

1. slamdunc

slamdunc New Member

I'm currently running about in my fathers 1999 A4 and the interior door handle has stopped working on the drivers door. I've taken the door card off and can see that the cable has come off at the door latch end (not the handle end). Problem is I can't see where it goes back on. I've removed the bolts holding the latch in and can feel the part of the mechanism that releases the door when the handle cable is pulled but am not sure were to attach the cable.

Does anyone have a photo of the door latch mechanism out of the car showing where the cable goes on?

I have tried looking on Google images but can't find anything that is clear enough really...

#1 slamdunc, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. jbh

jbh TDi lover

is the car a facelift or pre facelift?
    just wondering as there might be a difference. ill get you a picture off both if need be

4. slamdunc

slamdunc New Member

I think it is pre-facelift as I'm pretty sure the headlights are older style. Is there an easy way to tell? It is a T plate A4 1.9 TDI SE Estate if that helps? Sorry not really clued up on this model.

5. foursprungdugtechnique

Pre facelift has door handles which stick out and you can put your fingers right through, windscreen washers on top of the bonnet.
    Facelift has flat flush handles which you open by putting fingers under and pulling out and up, washers not visible on bonnet

6. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

I thought pre facelift has flat square handles and facelift has sticky out rounded handles :uhm:

The cable has probably popped off, does it feel floppy the handle or is there resistance when operating ??

7. slamdunc

slamdunc New Member

Yes the cable has popped off at the latch end, not the handle end. Trouble is I can't see where to put it back on to.

8. slamdunc

slamdunc New Member

Hi jbh, were you able to get a photo from a pre facelift model?

9. foursprungdugtechnique

Sorry, Bradderz was correct about the outer door handles, no idea what I was thinking about lol