Audi a4 heated seat problem.......long post Helppppp

Craig1989

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago i found that my recaros had the green heated seat looms coming out of the seats that would indicate that the seats had elements fitted. Also when i brought my car the owner explained that the climatronic unit had failed and he had replaced it with a second hand unit but its had the heated seat rollers he brought this as itcame up cheap So I ended up buying the required loom from kufatec and fitting it yesterday!!! What a nightmare I have to say!!! Now here is where my problems start! Basically they don't work!!! I have power and the fuse in and out!! Not sure what to check really!! Should the roller wheels light up on the climate control! If they should mine are not, also I have not got any power coming out of the climatronic unit to the seats. I think this is where the problem lies. If anyone know how the system works or have you got any info that could help it would be great. Shame to waste all that hard work running the loom!!!

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Craig

the numbers light up on mine.
could it need coding with VCDS

Well I'm not sure if they do anyone that has done a retrofit would know!! I have had a little look at vagcom yesterday and looked at the coding for the auto hvac but there doesn't seem to be anything about heated seats!!! That's if I am looking in the right place lol new to all this vagcom stuff

Well just an update on the situation, my replacement unit came today plugged her in and everything works!!!!! I have not got heated seats!! I wanted to take the facia of the unit that didn't work coz the one I brought the button were worn very badly!!! When I took the unit apart I found no potentiometer connected to the heated seat reel so this was the reason why nothing was working!! Looks like the previous owner has replaced just the faceplate for one with heated seat rollers! Now one last problem is that when I press the heated rear screen button the light comes on and goes strait off. Not sure what the problem is with that but if anyone knows that would be great!!

Thanks all!!!

there is a thread somewhere which lists a "mod" for putting a B7 AC unit in a B6.
This short on/off problem is a known fault with a B7 in a B6

O rite my unit isn't in a b6 it's in a b7 does this matter!! I believe the unit thy I brought came out of a b7, could this just be a coding issue??

******, the rear screen cutting out after a few secs is a B6 problem, thats what made me think B6 sorry.
I have no idea if it needs coding

if you read the thread that I linked it mentions the unit needs coding to VIN.