1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi A4 Concert Head Unit Question

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by silversurfer, Mar 4, 2009.

  1. silversurfer

    silversurfer Member

    Jan 22, 2007
    Likes Received:

    I have a 04 Audi A4 with a standard Concert single din head unit. I'm looking to change the head unit for my kenwood one.

    I was told my car has either a half amplified system or a full amplified system, so could be 1 of 2 audiolead cables I'd need. How can I tell which one I need.?

    Is it easy to tell from looking at the back of the Audi head unit.?


  2. Advert Guest Advertisement

  3. AndyMac

    AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

    Jun 10, 2003
    Likes Received:
    If it's Bose then it's fully amped, if it's non Bose then its half amped.
    If it's non Bose then you'd be far better of rewiring the rear speakers directly to the new HU as the feeble 20w rear amp will be very quiet compared to the fronts driven off the 50w+ new HU. Then you can use the RCA adapter purely for the sub and jack the sub pre-out level right up.

Share This Page