AUDI A4 cabriolet hardtop

hmeah

Reaction score
does anyone know if its possible to get a hardtop for the b6 audi a4 cabriolet?

any info appreciated... i just got myself the 1.8t sports... loving it.....:hubbahubba:

Ive never heard of a Cliptop for the audi BUT they ****** well should have made one!!

I know that a company used to manufacture them, but they're not made anymore. However, I do know of one in black with a red leather interior (that can be re-connelised for £400 in any colour) that is going for about £2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The guy that I spoke to today is open to offers. PM me if you need his mobile number. I thought about it for my A4 cab, but 2k is a little too much!

I think the hard top was made by Wiesmann. I too looked at this but even at offers around £2000, is it worth it?? NOOOO
Why spend the extra on a cabriolet, then more again to make it into a saloon......

Agree entirely phil1978, no point in buying a rag top to convert it to a hard top, especially given the amount of space (or lack thereof) left when the storage box is down - which it would be if the hardtop is put in place. As for a 2K roof, I reckon it would go for 1.5k, but even so, IMO it's not worth it. Better to spend the money on a bodykit, wheels and a custom remap!!

...but why is it pointless buying a hardtop though,I think a Hardtop is a good choice (not for £2000 though) and looks well. I dont know about you guys but my only purpose for buying a Hardtop if I had a Cab would be for winter only.
I can see the purpose of having one.
Well thats my opinion anyway!!:yes:

But if you have the acoustic hood . . . . It is very similar in thermal properties.
And if you look after your hood properly, the UV and frost wont be a problem. Thus saving 2k and using that money on other mods . . . . As sage33e pointed out.

J7uss, are you based nr SE of Essex as I recognise the numberplate??

Yeah I wouldnt spend £2000 on the hardtop.But if it was alot cheaper id consider it, Id have it more for the look and security over winter. Dont think Id get away with buying a Cab every summer so least ill have the best of both worlds.
IMO the hardtop and standard saloon do look alot different.
Ive seen a Hardtop cab next to a saloon and the Cab looks better but these are BM's im talking about, maybe the Audi wouldnt look so great.

Phil - No Im in Midlands. Hope you havnt seen my plate before down your end, She's a lonely child, Dont want a twin flying around!!!!!:ohmy:

I have the acoustic hood as an option, and at speed and in the mornings there is no difference to the interior temperature to that which I had in my B7 saloon. I just think that the compromise on boot space (winter or otherwise) is too big a sacrifice. However, if you'd rather buy the hood @ 2K then fair enough. But with a standard cab which I have, i would be buying the vortex kit, 18 inch wheels, B7 rear cab lights a remap and some dice for the rear view!!!! PS only my humble opinion here J7USS!;)

Sage - As mentioned mate,I wouldnt spend £2000- Id only buy if it was a whole lot cheaper, like the BM, you can pick one of them up 2nd hand for £700ish, somewhere in that region then Id happily pay it.
The temp thing weather etc doesnt bother me, Its more the Look.
Lets say Id prefer a Hardtop for the winter and a cab for the summer!!!:hi:

...im waiting for that question now....:eyebrows:

Well I never, That never entered my Mind,Maybe I will then. Cheers Sage for that Tip!!!:respekt:

sage33e said:
Buy a Beemer 3 series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmfao:

Do I detect a little element of sarcasm in your response? I have a feel for these things.....they say it's a talent....naturally I understand that not everyone is as astute as I am!:lmfao:

IMO, I think a hard top option for the cab would be a good idea, it would look good when fitted, better than the standard saloon maybe?!!!

:rockwoot: at last someone who shares my Tastes!!

Wait for it...... :tapedshut:
duane said:
IMO, I think a hard top option for the cab would be a good idea, it would look good when fitted, better than the standard saloon maybe?!!!

We're all entitled to our opinion - you too J7USS ;) - and maybe some would like a hard top for their A4 (or A3 which is around the corner). But as for it looking better than the saloon Duane, IMHO I don't think so!

For what its worth, us in the UK have without doubt have had the sh*tiest summer ever during 2007 ....which has to beg the question wats the friggin point of convertibles ......best laugh i had alll year was when an A4 owner convertible went out for a lunchtime beer on Friday, came back to work, left top down only for it to completly chuck down with rain - bet he wished he specc'd leather - ha !

I think you make a good point about the cab hard top J7USS, it would be a wicked idea if they were cheaper and easier to get hold of........

duane said:
Id agree with that,it would look like an A4 coupe.

Yeah A4 Coupe :yes: Like the sound of that, Not bad, How come they cost £2000 though...?

and why didnt Audi Market them, im sure they'd do well!!

Like you said Sage33e we're all entitled to our own opinion it's just mine is different from yours, lets say better tasting....:haha: More people are starting to agree though hmmmm.....:yes:

A4 Coupe sounds sweet....

any one got any pics of the a4 cabriolet with a hardtop on then??

Why? I ran a 52 reg 3.0Sport from new and a hard top would have been a pain. Little wind noise from standard roof, the newer optional acoustiv roof promises to be better.
When the sun comes out 20-30 seconds and you are topless, Why bother with a hard top??

TT
R:keule:

Rick Glover said:
Why? I ran a 52 reg 3.0Sport from new and a hard top would have been a pain. Little wind noise from standard roof, the newer optional acoustiv roof promises to be better.
When the sun comes out 20-30 seconds and you are topless, Why bother with a hard top??

TT
R:keule:

:think: hmmmm, if you read the whole thread then it answers your Question!!!
.....but remember the key fact, You gotta actually read it...:faint: :p

Rick Glover said:
And the sun comes out how much in this country???
Why bother with a cabriolet???

james0808 said:
And the sun comes out how much in this country???
Why bother with a cabriolet???

:yes: good point there James!!!

May look classier when the roofs down and the suns out,but most of the time that isnt the case.

There is one for sale on ebay at the moment from a UK company. Comes from Wiesmann in Germany, its painted in black with red leather roof lining. Currently start bid is £1800

Andy

J7USS said:
:think: hmmmm, if you read the whole thread then it answers your Question!!!
.....but remember the key fact, You gotta actually read it...:faint: :p

Thought I had read the thread, I think if you've got a Cab it's great to get the roof down quick and take advantage of the sun when it comes. Boxing Day 2003 was great... :bye:

Hey guys i know old post but now i have read it. Does any company makes hardtops for audi a4 b6 now?

I made all the necessary modifications :) coilovers, alloys, body kit, wing mirror etc and now i want to look for a hard top which again will be something different as NOONE else i belive here in Cyprus has one.

or after you see my car you think i dont need one?

Thanks for any answers

DSC_002.jpg
[/IMG]

Only problem with the hard top is that it needs two people to fit and remove it, and as previously discussed, I use my car right through the English winter and feel no need to have a hard top. Save your money and put it towards and exhaust or something !!!

To make this forum complete and us to be the Audi family some of us have to have a convertible simple as. I respect all your car choices and admire each car for what it is and not saying stuff like what is the point of having a drop top when it rains most of the time. I love cabs and will stick to them.