1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audi a4 b8- reteo fit sat nav

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by johnnevett, Jul 12, 2013.

1. johnnevett

johnnevett Member

hi all
    as above really, i would like to add the sat nav to my audi a4 b8,
    is it a realistic upgrade or is it too much hassle/cost
    ive seen the screen, sat nav unit and gear gaitor/controls for a reasonable price. what else is needed?
    cheers
    john
  2. ScottishS3

ScottishS3 Well-Known Member

It has been done by somebody on here but it's a ridiculous amount of money to do and a hell of alot of hassle!
  3. johnnevett

johnnevett Member

ok cheers mate
    is there a list of parts anywhere that would be needed
    john
  4. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

Depends what year your car is.

You're looking at £1000+ as a starting point.

IMO save money and get a decent TomTom or Garmin as the Audi nav has its own restrictions re postcode inputting etc.
  5. ScottishS3

ScottishS3 Well-Known Member

6. Stonefish

Stonefish Member

Hi John,

I am currently doing a MMI 3G Plus retrofit on my B8. I've done a bit of the install already but have been held up waiting for the MOST optical cable from a supplier (3-4 day lead time which has turned into over 3 weeks!!) So far the only hassle has been doing the research as there is lots of information on the internet to do it yourself but nowhere gives you the complete guide. When I've got it all sorted I'll try and cobble together some sort of guide. A good place to look for bits is eBay Germany ebay.de which has loads of MMI parts for sale and many sellers ship to the UK.

If you can wait a few weeks I'll be able to give you a list of parts and my costs so you can get a ball park figure for this retrofit. At the moment I would estimate it at about £1300, but I've also gone for the DAB radio and AMI (which I installed in my armrest last week). The only bit I'm not looking forward to is finding an Audi dealer to remove the component protection on all the bits. I feel I shall receive a right royal shafting.

Lee.
  7. Leeroy1

Leeroy1 New Member

looking forward to seeing the write up and parts list!

i fancy doing this myself and if you get AMI and DAB thrown into the mix for under £1500 I don't think that's too bad.
  8. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep

did this ever get finshed ?