Audi a4 b8 purchase dilemma

kevin1973

Reaction score
Hi would really appreciate any help. I currently own a b7 sline 2.0 tdi and had the dreaded oil pump failure a couple of years ago . but now looking to upgrade to 10 plate a4 b8 2.0 tdi but am unsure of any major engine problems with them. Is there still an issue with oil pump failures on these or any other issues. Don't want to have to shell out thousands again for costly engine rebuilds etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Cheers

I have had a couple of 2.0 tdi, never had an engine issue. Throw 5 litres of good quality oil down it's neck every 9,000 miles and it wont need a top up before the next change.
Both have had an exhaust sensor go (£60 fitted) and the 10 reg had both front wheel bearings go at 60,000

Thanks I have the b7 at the mo and have had expensive issue with oil pump ballance shaft failure which resulted in engine and turbo seizing. Just want to know if this well known problem has been addressed on the 2010 b8 engine before going looking for new car. Love my audi but am put off with issues of reliability which are usually costly