Audi A4 B8 Nexus 7 Integration for Concert Stereo

jamin128

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I know this has been done older A4 cars, but would like to try it on my A4 B8.

I would like to replace the factory display with a Nexus 7.

I think i can sort out getting a video feed into the Nexus which can be used for multiple inputs like a reversing camera etc, but does anyone now how to convert the Audi concert LVDS cable into a composite video signal so that i can still view the cars display on the Nexus?

I have found the following, but it doesn't mean alot to me!!!!

Alternatively, i keep the existing display & put it in the glovebox or somewhere. Then I can remove the rear camera from the nexus, fabricate a lightweight aluminium box sprayed matt black, and attached nexus' camera to view the screen on the nexus ... i hope i'm making sense.

Any thought's or idease would be greatly appriciated :)

Last edited:
Afternoon all,

I think i can sort out getting a video feed into the Nexus which can be used for multiple inputs like a reversing camera etc, but does anyone now how to convert the Audi concert LVDS cable into a composite video signal so that i can still view the cars display on the Nexus?

Alternatively, i keep the existing display & put it in the glovebox or somewhere. Then I can remove the rear camera from the nexus, fabricate a lightweight aluminium box sprayed matt black, and attached nexus' camera to view the screen on the nexus ... i hope i'm making sense.

Yeah, good luck with that.
Unfortunately the video signal provided by the Concert unit is not exactly standard and you're going to have to do quite a bit of trickery to get it into a format the N7 would be happy with.

ps. Didn't know the Nexus 7 accepted video input. Are you referring to the 2012 or 2013 version?

Afternoon all,

Interested to see how this pans out. Considered it myself. I believe someone on audizine did a similar mod, moving the oem display to the sun visor

I'm working on a similar plan using a HUDL tablet. Normally the biggest PITA would be getting the video into the branded Android tablet as they aren't really designed for video in, only out. The real problem is the signal from the Concert radio (and also MMI main units) is a signal designed for an LCD screen which has been encoded to go along a pair of cables and is decoded in the screen back into the LCD format. Plenty of headaches, but might be possible.

The first problem could be solved by using a touchscreen monitor with Android stick computer rather than a tablet. Provided the touchscreen has two inputs you should be able to switch between video from the car and video from the Android. As stonefish has stated the main issue is decoding the signal from the car