1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi a4 b7 Headlight protectors

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Dazmo, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Dazmo

Dazmo Active Member

[Jun 16, 2009]
    Looking at getting a pair of these from Audi for £40

Just wondred has anyone got any or ever had any are they worth bothering with?

anyone know how they look on the lights? im told i have to loosen the bumper to get them on which is fine but im worried about **** getting between the light and protector and being a sod to clean.

Any help please?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

[Jun 17, 2009]
    Think they'll probably look a bit **** to be honest, if you want to protect the lights get some film for them, does the same job but won't be noticeable
  4. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

[Jun 18, 2009]
    Hi - I have protectors on my B6 - mainly cos I would rather, in the event of a stone hitting them, replace a pair of £40 bits of plastic than a Xenon headlight if you get my gist....I would only get the headlight protectors if you do a reasonable amount of motorway driving.....

They actually do look OK...but thats only my opinion.....will upload a couple of pics in the next few days......

They are very easy to remove and clean - not that I bother very often :lazy:
    If you think a bit of 'film' will protect your headlights then go ahead and do it
  5. g60jet

g60jet Member

[Jun 19, 2009]
    I've got a set on my B7, easy to fit and remove.

i didnt need to do anything to the bumper to gete mine to fit
  6. M7R

M7R Type Approval Engineer,

[Jun 19, 2009]
    they slide in between the bottom of the light and the bumper just fine, i havent stuck the bottoms to the lights as they stay on fine and then its easier to remove them when i was the car to clean the **** behind them too.
  7. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

[Jun 19, 2009]

You'd need decent quality thicker film, not the cheap stuff off ebay. Just got some smoked ones for the rears from Armour Headlight in the US and it's pretty heavy duty stuff, would imagine it would stop stones pretty well. Granted, not as well as the plastic ones though.