Audi A4 B6 Symphony 2 DIY Aux in (attempt)

LayerzA3

Reaction score
Decided to have a crack at something I've wanted to try for a while... half way there will carry on tomorrow trying to manually add an Aux in to my stereo.
I refuse to buy an aux in unit because I'm not that keen on the head unit and push come to shove I'll go the whole way with a better head unit.

Aside from being dusty the head unit has seen better days - if this works I'll refresh it a bit.

I've seen guides for other Symphony units I have to delve much much deeper then just the backing plate.

These are the inputs on the CD unit and I'm planning to solder to the LCH, RCH and AU.GND

The soldering won't take too long tbh it will then be a case of drilling a hole for the line in and putting the whole thing back together and hoping it still works!

If it works I'll need a blank audio CD.

I'll post the results as I get there.

Follow up - no joy it did interupt the signal but did no play.

I think potentially these were pre DAC digtial channels - the more I look into this and try to work with the stock system the sooner I lean towards gut and refit everything.

For now I have a hopefully good tape adaptor from amazon £5 from £20 and needs be I'll upgrade the cable and head quality. Longer term will redo everything as don't want to spend £50 to tweak the current "OK" system when for £300 I can radically change everything.