Audi A4 B6 1.9 TDI - Which alloys?

amz

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am looking to change my current RS6 alloys to a different set of alloys but am having a hard time deciding which one to go for?

My car colour is Silver and it is a saloon.

I am contemplating between the following:

New design - RS4 Alloys
BBS LM
BBS CH

Also should I go for 18" or 19"?

Any advice much appreciated.

Wheels are a very personal thing.

I like CH's very much - CMD has pics of both CH and LM on his Akoya silver I think, have a look.

I can take or leave new RS4's myself.

19's are the best for looks, the loss in comfort is mini,al, but of course the tyres are more.

Wheels are a very personal thing.

I like CH's very much - CMD has pics of both CH and LM on his Akoya silver I think, have a look.

I can take or leave new RS4's myself.

19's are the best for looks, the loss in comfort is mini,al, but of course the tyres are more.

I have had a look at CMD's pics and must say they're looking really nice, but the only thing is they are Mercedes wheels which I'm not too keen on.

I do like the deep dish alloys but then again I am thinking will it suit a Silver Audi A4 B6? :shrug:

How much of a difference is there in terms of handling and comfort when upgrading from 18" to 19"?

He has pics of CH's and LM's too I think. Maybe drop him a PM.

Personal taste.

Thats like asking "what shoes should i wear?".

Wear the shoes you like.

I personally really like the BBS CH - BBS LM - New RS4 Wheels, but then again I do have to bare in mind what actually 'suits' the car!

This is what my car used to like, I'll put into 4 stages

Stage 1 - When I first purchased this

2.jpg

Stage 2 - I changed the standard alloys to the RS6 alloys

2011-11-13160948.jpg

Stage 3 - I lowered the car on coilovers

20120117_140955.jpg

Stage 4 - Colour coded the bottom trim

20120329_163851.jpg

I would really like to see pictures of the same colour Audi with the BBS/RS6 alloys.

Anyone?

I like it as it is.

If you come to sell those wheels let me know.

Great transformation by the way!

I like it as it is.

If you come to sell those wheels let me know.

Great transformation by the way!

Thanks mate!!!! I absolutely love my Audi :D

Btw these alloys will be up for sale, these are the genuine Audi Rs6!

Don't think they will be genuine RS6. More likely S-Lines due to the offset / fitment. :beee:

Don't think they will be genuine RS6. More likely S-Lines due to the offset / fitment. :beee:

Well I'm not an expert :think: but these do have the original Audi Logo and part numbers on the inside.

Thanks mate!!!! I absolutely love my Audi :D

Btw these alloys will be up for sale, these are the genuine Audi Rs6!

For a price I will have them, i need a set of winter wheels.

They will be genuine audi wheels, but they aren't RS6 wheels, as the genuine RS6 wheels have a much different offset, and i think were 19's. These will be a copy, basically the same, just thinner. But they're still audi wheels, so genuine s-line wheels as said above.

They will be genuine audi wheels, but they aren't RS6 wheels, as the genuine RS6 wheels have a much different offset, and i think were 19's. These will be a copy, basically the same, just thinner. But they're still audi wheels, so genuine s-line wheels as said above.

Thanks, I'm a newbie so that explains everything lol

Can we have a vote here of who recommends which alloys for my car?

BBS CH

BBS LM

New RS4 Alloys

My mind is set onto the New RS4 Alloys but am contemplating on if I should opt for Hyper silver finish or Plain silver finish? I obviously have to bare in mind which finish would compliment my Audi colour more.

Hyper Silver

HyperSilver.jpg

Plain Silver

PlainSilver.jpg

Any suggestions?

I saw someone's Silver Audi A4 on google images and have pretty much fell in love with it lol. I want to replicate my Audi A4 to this to an extent.

Sidewall.jpg

PressArgus.jpg

RestaurantFront.jpg

I think that is running genuine RS4's by the looks of it with the offset and concave nature of the wheel. Will be hard to pull it of properly, and expensive.

My problem is that the RS4's have been done to death, even by me:

S4_6.jpg

S4_5.jpg

And yes, they are reps, hence why they look so flat.

I think that is running genuine RS4's by the looks of it with the offset and concave nature of the wheel. Will be hard to pull it of properly, and expensive.

My problem is that the RS4's have been done to death, even by me:

S4_6.jpg

S4_5.jpg

And yes, they are reps, hence why they look so flat.

Wow, I must say your one looks nice :)

Do you think it will be too costly for me to kind of replicate that particular Audi not only in terms of Alloys but body also?

Mines is a real S4 though.

Well, your basically looking at a complete S4 kit, bumpers and skirts. That wont likely see you change from a grand. Then you'll need an exhaust to fill the twin exits, probably another £500. Painting, obviously. Then you'll need to lower it to sit as well as that, probably looking at coilovers. You won't want cheap ones either, but middle of the road, so probably another £500.

Then probably in the region of £1k for wheel + tyres at a guess, second hand. But then your looking at that anyway regardless of your choices from above. Don't put cheap Fullrun ditchfinders for tyres on your motor either. If your going to the expense of doing all this on your already relatively expensive car, don't risk it all to save a few quid on tyres.

So yeah, somewhere in the region of £3k + painting will get you close. Thats assuming you don't go for xenons too, which will also be somewhere around £500. Plus grills. And don't bother changing the rear lights. Them ones on that car are rank. The standard ones are way better.

Well, yeah, but that wouldn't get him the wheels, or the efficient engine. Plus he already has coils, so thats £500 off.

But yeah, still £2500 + (probably still £3k all in to be fair) to achieve that look. It aint cheap, thats for sure. And buying the S4 gets you more than the look as you will have all the leather and brakes and other things that make S4's so good.

Personally, I like a good looking motor, but I would be tempted not to spend that sort of coin on an already good enough looking motor. Especially as you will see virtually none of it back, unless you can keep all the original parts and put the car back to standard when you are finished and ready to sell it.

Can we have a vote here of who recommends which alloys for my car?

BBS CH

BBS LM

New RS4 Alloys

What about the old style rs4 9 spoke.
IMG_3026.jpg

Love the older rs4 style wheels.

As for the s4/upgrade debate...I do agree. I'd just cringe spending so much when you'll not get much return on it.

Love the older rs4 style wheels.

As for the s4/upgrade debate...I do agree. I'd just cringe spending so much when you'll not get much return on it.

Wow, that was an eye opener! :faint:

I wasn't aware that was an S4, and I'm definitely not keen on spending that kind of money either. I love my car as it is but I think what I would like to achieve is the 'Wide' look! Not sure if it is even possible to do that by just putting hub centric wheel spacers on?

Btw, I did add leathers to my Audi :D

If you space your wheels right to the arches, so they are level, it gives it a much more pleasing stance I think. I've toyed with spacers for mine many times, and it's something I'll do at some point in the future most likely.

Leather seats are nice also. I have heard car seats can make the leather look nasty over time though, so that's something I've not bothered with on mine. Any pics of your interior?

Personally I like the look of the S-Line wheels on the A4. So I would just keep them. If you want to mess with the stance a bit, then yeah, spacers would do it. Something like 5mm on the front and 10mm on the rear should set it up pretty sweet.

The car you posted pics up of isn't a S4. Most likely a 1.8T (hence the intercooler), but it does have the S4 bodykit on it. Well, certainly has the S4 bonnet grill, door blades and rear bumper, so assume that front bumper is too. It also has some sort of splitter on there. Not sure where from, but you could get something similar for about £40 from Seat. The Leon Cupra R splitter is a common mod, and very cheap. So that would help.

My car, however is an S4. Here is the front and rear:

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

It would be a lot of money to turn your car into what would essentially be a rep, so I wouldn't necessarily bother. Bodykit wise, the votex kit looks good. There is one for sale on my local forum for about £300 just now.

Granted this one probably needs a little repairing, but is cheap for what it is, and a rare enough find.

audia4sprot319.jpg

audia4sprot330.jpg

I think that original a4 he liked may have had what the Americans call the USP bumper (Ultra Sport Package I think). It seems much more common over the water.

If you space your wheels right to the arches, so they are level, it gives it a much more pleasing stance I think. I've toyed with spacers for mine many times, and it's something I'll do at some point in the future most likely.

Leather seats are nice also. I have heard car seats can make the leather look nasty over time though, so that's something I've not bothered with on mine. Any pics of your interior?

Yes I will definitely be putting the spacers on but not sure which mm to opt for? Any advice please?

As for my seats, this is after I put my leather seats on :)

20120327_174059.jpg

20120327_174047.jpg

Personally I like the look of the S-Line wheels on the A4. So I would just keep them. If you want to mess with the stance a bit, then yeah, spacers would do it. Something like 5mm on the front and 10mm on the rear should set it up pretty sweet.

The car you posted pics up of isn't a S4. Most likely a 1.8T (hence the intercooler), but it does have the S4 bodykit on it. Well, certainly has the S4 bonnet grill, door blades and rear bumper, so assume that front bumper is too. It also has some sort of splitter on there. Not sure where from, but you could get something similar for about £40 from Seat. The Leon Cupra R splitter is a common mod, and very cheap. So that would help.

My car, however is an S4. Here is the front and rear:

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

It would be a lot of money to turn your car into what would essentially be a rep, so I wouldn't necessarily bother. Bodykit wise, the votex kit looks good. There is one for sale on my local forum for about £300 just now.

Granted this one probably needs a little repairing, but is cheap for what it is, and a rare enough find.

audia4sprot319.jpg

audia4sprot330.jpg

I really do like the Votex kit. Can you point me towards that forum please?

Also my car is a diesel hence it does not have the twin tail pipes, is there anything I can do to close the holes?

Your help is much appreciated.

I have a set of those 9 spoke rs4 wheels but they are +20 offset so would only work on a low car with some camber, otherwise they might stick out too far (although I would be interested to see pics of anyone that has pulled in off in a non-wide arch car).

The USP front bumper is the same as an S-Line bumper. I normally don't like the Votex kits as they seem like they have been made 2mm to big, but here is a link to a car with the Votex bumper blended in and it looks great:

perfilf.jpg

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/project-room/106814-a4-b6-avant-made-tdi.html

Does anybody know what forum that person is selling the Votex body kit on?

Its on Scottishvag. But you need to sign up and make 5 posts before you can see the classifieds.

I messaged him and it is sold :(

Is anyone else selling a Votex kit?

I've had bbs lms a goods few years back !

tha4tc046.jpg

18" original rs6

4e133e48.jpg

And today I had some ch fitted this morning !

cdeee5f3.jpg

I've had bbs lms a goods few years back !

tha4tc046.jpg

18" original rs6

4e133e48.jpg

And today I had some ch fitted this morning !

cdeee5f3.jpg

Wow! I actually like the looks of that but yet it did look nice with RS6 wheels too! This is just confusing me even more now lol