Audi a4 b5 problems any help would be great

ah cheers mate, my lambda knowledge is sketchy on the operating signal levels as ma head is full of diesels lol

I knew it swung between 2 values on throttle and overrun but should have read up more before posting values, the wiring is well known but the signal volts quoted never stick in my mind. I was going on the assumption he will be under the car measuring so trying to think of what he'll get on his own while it was idling.

I hate petrols :ermm:

iv just got off the phone to some one in a vw garage and hes said the following

"because the part is not o.e it will not work as good as the o.e ones change it and he garantees me that it will fix my problem im not sure how the garantee part work but still its a bonus that i might not have to scrap my car after all i will be changing the part on the 28th for a o.e lambda then we shall go from there while we wait can i just thank every one for the help input and ideas you dont know how much its helped me. lets hope when audis make futcher cars thaat like third party parts

yw mate, hope it fixes it!

Hey guys just need a little more help last night I phoned euro car parts and motoserv to cross reference the part numbers euros said the nkg 0449 was the one for mine and motoserv said that 0129'was the one in my car and is the right part but he said that he would give me a fuel parts lambda and told mento try that And this is what happened

The nkg lambda was recording a fault of no activity then when I put the fuel parts one in it had this heater malfunction which would not clear but this came up after the car had been driven for around 10mins then abou 20 mins later had this fault code signal too low but I think that's coming up due to the lambda not being able to heat up and go into a closed loop now would I be right in thinking that the lambda still ain't right for my car and that I should go with the o.e one

I mean one lambda came up with one fault but not the other and the othe lambda has come up with the opposite fault any ideas guys would be great. Thanks

There are two sensors listed on the NGK website for an ADR engined 1.8.

One is NGK Partfinder for Cars & Light Commercial Vehicles which is OZA447-E14 or stock number 0129

the other is: NGK Partfinder for Cars & Light Commercial Vehicles which is OZA659-EE17 or stock number 0391

The second part is from chassis XA onwards which iirc is 2000, and has a different plug, so your car should have 0129.

Then why is one lambda saying one thing and the othe lambda saying the other I'm confused by this thing lol

I presume the original sensor was a 0129, and now you've fitted some other sensor?

Perhaps the 0129 was simply faulty, and the new replacement unit is wrong?

I presume the original sensor was a 0129, and now you've fitted some other sensor?

Perhaps the 0129 was simply faulty, and the new replacement unit is wrong?

but there where two i cant see two being fault really. i think i will just buy one from audi and then go from there thanks for you help

Last edited:
ok guys we have good news and bad news from the emissions test

CO2 (0.989 - FAIL)

HC (168 - PASS

LAMBDA (0.988 - PASS)

so iv now been told the cat is not up to the job of taking my car on so im gonna buy a new o.e cat and lambda and fit them all at the same time can i just say thanks to every one for you help and support you all really helped me thanks high five to audi's

good luck mate :)

Hey guys I thought I would post this as it could help some one else in the same situation I had a chap come out to my car on Monday to have a look at her to see what he could fine and found that the maf sensor was not doing it's Job and as it wasn't doing it's job it was telling the ecu that hardly any air was going into the engine. So the ecu then compensates this by making the fuel extremely lean just enough so the car can run due to this the lambda sensor couldn't pic anything up as it was running so lean so that's why I got the fault code of no activity lol. Changed the maf sensor for an o.e one and the lambda again o.e and now she is purring with no codes wicked I would just like to thank every one for there help and wish you all a merry Xmas and a good new year cheers guys. :rock::cold: