1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audi a4 avant tdi, 2003

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by darcar, Aug 25, 2008.

1. darcar

darcar New Member

[Aug 25, 2008]
    Hi all.
    Looking for advice, just noticed water swishing about around the battery area which has a plastic cover over this area, i am assuming there is a blocked drainage pipe, probably with leaves etc.

I decided to take battery out to see if there is a drainage hole underneath battery, but checked if i had a radio code first, well i do not have a radio code, audi want £25 to get radio code.

Can anyone tell me why i have water building up, only when it rains or i wash car, never happened before, also is there anyway of finding radio code, and is there a drainage hole in this part of the housing that could be blocked. not much room in there to check.
    Any advise would be a great help.
    Darcar
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

[Aug 25, 2008]
    You don't need the radio code. The radio will recognise your car, so it won't ask for a code. It's only if you swap the radio over into another car that it will ask for the code.
  4. darcar

darcar New Member

[Aug 25, 2008]
    Hi arthurfuxake.

Thanks for your reply, i guess audi dealers don't want to tell us that. Thanks again.

darcar
  5. evilscotsman

evilscotsman Space Cowboy

[Aug 25, 2008]
    the drain hole is likely in the centre at the bottom or the lowest point it can be at mate. There should be a rubber tube going down from the drain at the firewall to run the water onto the road.

A knitting needle or wire coat hanger should be good enough to unblock it if its **** down the tube.

If you cant clear it, you might want to drill a small hole (5mm) to drain the water and paint the edges of the hole with a touch up pen when its dry.